Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with...

Discus and support Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After reading a lot of potst about the same Problem happening on the newer Xbox Series X/S Controller I experience the same Problem with my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by vladmilas, Nov 7, 2021.

1. vladmilas
    vladmilas Guest

Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with...

Hello,

After reading a lot of potst about the same Problem happening on the newer Xbox Series X/S Controller I experience the same Problem with my Wireless Controller for XBOX one.

I used the Controller without problems over Bluetooth on my PC. I could play Games in the Xbox App. I then connected the Controller to my XBOX One and I was prompted to update the Firmware on Wireless Controller for XBOX one. After that I wanted to use the Controller again on my PC and then it was only recognised as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and was not working as it should.

- In the Xbox Accesories on PC I can't see the Gamepad. And in the Xbox App I can't use it neither anymore

- Steam seems to recognise it correctly and it is working

- Pver USB it is recognised as a Xbox Controller and is working fine

I'm running on 21H1 Windows Pro

is there any Hint about that issue?

:)

vladmilas, Nov 7, 2021
  2. vladmilas Win User

Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

I can connect it via Bluetooth but than i get this 6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch

How can this be possible.In one Window it Shows Xbox Wireless Controller, in the other 6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch.And Gamepad tester reports unknown Gamepad.....

[​IMG]
  3. erasam Win User

after latest firmware update the wireless xbox controlled is no more correctly recognized on PC if connected using bluetooth

Hi Vinicius

it's not a problem of the controller, it can be paired with the PC with no issue, unfortunately with the latest firmware is no more recognized as an Xbox controller when connectd using bluetooth

In the joypad configuration panel when is wired connect it is reported as a "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)", when connected using bluetooth is reported as a generic "6-axis 16-buttons game pad with hat switch"

With previous firmware version it was reported as "Controller (Xbox One For Windows)" for both (even when connected with bluetooth)

It's a firmware bug
  4. MachinimistLuke Win User

An update to Xbox Controller (has the 3.5mm port) on Xbox One via Xbox Accessories has effected it's bluetooth capabilities on PC

3. After that repair controller via Bluetooth
    Gonna need a more detailed explanation on that one. Bluetooth troubleshoot showed nothing.

1) Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & Other Devices

Find Xbox Wireless Controller and Remove Device.

2) Windows Search > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices

Find "Human Interface Devices" and uninstall the HID-compliant game controller.

*Important to "Show hidden" or you won't find it as the device is disconnected*
    'HID-compliant game controller' completely vanishes when you select 'Remove Device' from the Bluetooth & Other Devices menu. It's only there when it's connected.

EDIT: So I uninstalled the HID-compliant game controller before removing the device from the bluetooth menu, connected aaand it's still the '6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch'. No change.
  5. MachinimistLuke Win User

An update to Xbox Controller (has the 3.5mm port) on Xbox One via Xbox Accessories has effected it's bluetooth capabilities on PC

Tried Solution 1. Everything came up fine.

Tried Solution 2. Xbox Peripherals will not appear in Device Manager unless the Controller is connected via cable. It does not appear when connected via Bluetooth.

EDIT: Uninstalled, unplugged, restarted and plugged back in but it installs drivers for 'Controller'. No luck.

It's still a '6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch'

[​IMG]
  6. vladmilas Win User

Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch" and does not function normally in games

Thats the firmware whats on it.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Wireless Controller for XBOX one in Bluetooth recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with... - Similar Threads - Wireless Controller Bluetooth

2. My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless controller won’t connect to my Xbox at all: I have fully charged batteries and have hard reset my controller and Xbox I also tried it with a different Xbox and it did not work a8ec90cf-7511-4aaf-a7c3-ad48c8068c18
  3. Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller can't connect to Microsoft Wireless USB?: I have a new Microsoft Wireless USB for windows 10. It seems to light and flash when pressing the button. On the other hand, my Xbox controller can't connect to the USB instantly. I tried hard...
  4. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  5. How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I use a second wireless controller on my xbox one for my 6 yr old twins to be able...: My boys are trying to play 2 player on Paw Patrol World on Game Pass. I got a new controller so that they could do this but cant figure out how to get the second co troller off of player one...
  6. For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...

in XBoX on Consoles
    For anyone struggling to connect their XBOX controller wirelessly through bluetooth (ie...: I spent weeks trying to figure out why I couldn't connect my Bluetooth devices to Windows 10. I built my pc by myself so for the longest time I thought maybe I had installed something wrong. After...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  8. Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Choppy Chat while using Xbox Wireless Headset and Xbox Controller via bluetooth on PC: I use a new Xbox Wireless Headset and a elite 2 controller connected via Bluetooth 5.2. While using the controller my chat is choppy. My chat Partner doesn't understand a word I am saying. But the...
  9. Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller stopped connecting to PC via bluetooth: Hello everyone, I have an Xbox wireless controller for a couple of months now and it was connecting perfectly to my PC via bluetooth. Recently my pc suddenly stopped detecting it. I have a UB400...
  10. An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An Xbox Series X Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth or USB?: For my question, is there a way where you can play the Xbox Controller Wirelessly without an Adapter, Bluetooth, or USB? a8387c65-7485-43fa-a94d-16fccc03ca23