Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

Discus and support Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/IcyWind0903, May 25, 2024.

1. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

About 6 months ago, my Xbox became unable to connect to the internet wirelessly. I’ve been using an Ethernet cable to connect the Xbox to the internet since then. Today, my Xbox lost connection in the middle of an online game and I reset the router. The router has returned to normal and all other devices have been able to connect to it without issue. Whenever I start the Xbox, the prompt “Connect to the Xbox Network” appears on the menu screen while the Xbox is plugged in to Ethernet. However, when I test my network connection, the console states that it is connected to the internet. I can also still use the menu tabs “People, Game Activity, Parties & Chats, Capture and Share”. However, online features of games that I play are inaccessible. It seems like the console thinks it’s connected to the internet while not actually being connected. I’ve tried forgetting my network, going offline, resetting the router, resetting the console, but everything has failed. I’d greatly appreciate any help.

submitted by /u/IcyWind0903
    [link] [comments]

/u/IcyWind0903, May 25, 2024
  2. StarImpact1 Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

Wired connection for the Series X and wireless for the Series S. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Set up issue

Are you using a wired or wireless internet connection?

Try a wired connection (ethernet cable) to your network hardware and restart the console. It should connect and do the required OS update.

If wireless choose a factory refresh of the console. After the refresh is complete, input the console setup details again.

Setup new Series X S has further details.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

No, it's not possible to use an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller on an Xbox 360 even connected with a wire.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Does anyone have the xbox 360 controller drivers??

Did your controller ever work before, or are you just trying to get it to work now?

The drivers for the Xbox 360 are not available for download independently anymore, and there is no reason for them to be, as Xbox 360 controllers have been natively supported by Windows since Windows Vista. The drivers can't be downloaded because they are already part of the Windows Operating System.

Is your controller wired or wireless?

Unlike Xbox One or Series X|S controllers, Xbox 360 wireless controllers are always wireless. If you've attempted to connect a Wireless Xbox 360 controller to your laptop with the Play and Charge cable, it won't work. This is because the Play and Charge does not send data. It will just flash. Xbox 360 wireless controllers need an Xbox 360 gaming receiver.

Only Xbox One or newer Series X|S controllers can be both wired and wireless.
  6. Kurosh35 Win User

Xbox Live on My Account Randomly Disconnects

This is a wired connection using Cable modem that wire connect to wireless Router that wire connect to Xbox One S.
Thema:

Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S)

1. Wireless and wired connections fail on Xbox (Series X/S) - Similar Threads - Wireless wired connections

2. Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isn't my headest connecting to my Xbox via wireless and wire: I have an Xbox series s and captian 4000 headset and they won't connect when I try either method in the manual. I looked at the website and didn't find any help 9350bd46-4486-4548-b876-4ec72cd1bde3
  3. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  4. Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....

in XBoX on Windows
    Mic. can't talk. So. BOUGHT. 3. A WIRELESS. & NEW. TURTLE BEACH WIRED....: Mic can't talk. On new. Series. X. Wireless. Or wired 53cd3738-db76-4f63-b6a6-b1fdb67dce37
  5. Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset on PC - Choppy - Stuttering - Both Wired and Xbox Dongle: I'm still not seeing a solution to this. I just switched over to PC. I purchased the Microsoft Xbox Dongle so that I could use my Xbox Wireless Controller and Wireless Heaset without having to use...
  6. Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it specifically my account(s) that are locked out of the internet / wireless / wired...: Very important topic because it probably might just be a me problem, so I want to know how to get it fixed. I’ve had and still do have the problem where my Xbox wouldn’t connect to the WiFi or...
  7. why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox only connect to the wifi through wired and not wireless ?: we recently transferred with virgin wifi and it was working fine until a few hours later when we couldn’t connect my xbox to the wifi wirelessly but we can only connect it through wired, i’ve...
  8. My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series S update/network problems. Won’t connect to wireless internet, says wired is...: ****. This has been going on for weeks now. I’m about ready to smash it. 77f56b7e-5053-4e63-ad42-0fe98d1c17ba
  9. wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games

in XBoX on Consoles
    wired connection causing higher ping/ms than wireless on fortnite and other games: hi , does anyone know or have any pointers to help me out with my ms in games when i am playing wired connection via tp links cat-5e cables on both on fortnite for instance which is a game based...
  10. Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Intermittent Wired And Wireless Internet Connection: XSX suddenly has intermittent Internet connection, wired or wireless. Online services are now unusable as connection is lost every few seconds. It has been connected to the router/hub for a year....