Wireless adapter and wired console

Discus and support Wireless adapter and wired console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All I have recently bought my son a new xbox 360 with wireless capabilities and I have linked this to the home network. My xbox 360 is old and wired... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jackdanity, Jan 4, 2014.

1. jackdanity
    jackdanity Guest

Hi All I have recently bought my son a new xbox 360 with wireless capabilities and I have linked this to the home network. My xbox 360 is old and wired to my network. I have read that I cannot play games with him unless either 1) we both have copies of
    the same game 2) both are joined via a cable 3) both have wireless capabilities (don't have a wireless adapter either). My question is two fold. Do I have to chose one of the options 1, 2, or 3 to make this work or is there another way to connect consoles?
    Secondly if I did get a wireless adapter for my console in order for it work could it still be wired also or would it too need to be totally wireless? Many thanks

:)

jackdanity, Jan 4, 2014
  2. Elekman
    Elekman Guest
    Xbox Items you still own.

Arcade console

wireless adapter

1 wired controller

2 headsets

28 disc games

Elekman, Jan 4, 2014
  3. 360 Network card

If you're sure the wireless adapter in your console is at fault, then it appears you've listed the only solutions: getting a repair, a new console, a wireless adapter, or setting up a wired connection.

Mister Fitzer, Jan 4, 2014
  4. CYR426
    CYR426 Guest

option 1 in your post is the problem you need two copies of a game 1 for each console, and if you want to use a cable you still need 2 copies of a game, but it dosnt matter if one is wireless and one is cable, hope that helps

CYR426, Jan 4, 2014
  5. CYR426 Win User

option 1 in your post is the problem you need two copies of a game 1 for each console, and if you want to use a cable you still need 2 copies of a game, but it dosnt matter if one is wireless and one is cable, hope that helps
  6. Mister Fitzer Win User

360 Network card

If you're sure the wireless adapter in your console is at fault, then it appears you've listed the only solutions: getting a repair, a new console, a wireless adapter, or setting up a wired connection.
  7. IceStorm III Win User

Strict NAT over a wired connection?

[quote user="CrystalBlueCook"]I tried turning DMZ off while wired but still get Strict.[/quote]Do you mean you tried turning on DMZ?

If you needed DMZ before for the wireless, you'll need it for the wired. Make sure you set up the DMZ for the new IP address that the wired adapter should be getting. The change from wired to wireless should result in an IP address change on the Xbox One due
    to the MAC address change (different MACs on the wireless adapter and the wired adapter inside the console).
  8. Elekman Win User

Xbox Items you still own.

Arcade console

wireless adapter

1 wired controller

2 headsets

28 disc games
  9. Darth1337 Win User

buffering problems

Are you an Xbox 360 S or E console with the built-in wireless? If so, I'd either stick with a wired connection or use an external wireless adapter for your console.

The built-in wireless is pretty terrible in regards to signal strength.
Thema:

1. Wireless adapter and wired console - Similar Threads - Wireless adapter wired

2. Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller connected through Xbox Wireless Adapter randomly but repeatedly develops...: I've been using Xbox controllers on Windows 10 for the past 8 years, always connected through an Xbox Wireless Adapter for 2 reasons: I started with Xbox One controllers, which did not support...
  3. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  4. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  5. Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter - Poor sound quality: Why is this issue being ignored? People have been posting about this for over 2 years now and still no fixed?...
  6. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  7. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  8. Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i connect the surface headset 2 to an xbox wireless adapter plugged in my xbox?: Hello, i want to know if i ca. connect a surface headset 2 to a xbox wireless apdater plugged in an xbox. If so does the mic also work so i can be able to talk to teammates in Call of duty and...
  9. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows: Why is there no where that I can purchase a new Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows by itself. I've had the gen 1 for quite some time now but am starting to notice input issues when using my Elite...
  10. Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless adapter is controlling everything on the computer instead of just the game...: Its an adapter for the xbox controller and nothing else. and in before "have you tried this on another computer or laptop" i don't have a back up pc to test this on. I just got my pc repaired and...