Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

Discus and support Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Instagibb96, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Instagibb96
    Instagibb96 Guest

Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding the xbox button and selecting turn console off but i accedently selected turn controller off. After
    that my controller will not work on my XB1 but when i plug it into any of my computers it works perfectly with no issues i can even stream my XB1 to my computer and use the controller to play. But when i directly plug that controller into my XB1 the power
    light flashes for a few seconds then turns solid but no button on the controller will do anything like its not plugged in.

:)

Instagibb96, Nov 26, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi Instagibb96,

Thank you for letting us know that your issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those
    reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create your own thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again, and have a great day!
  3. Instagibb96 Win User

yup this fixed the issue i have tried restarting my xbox but never that type of hard reset thank you for your help my controller works fine now.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

Have you tried a different USB port on the console?
  5. PJSkittles Win User

Xbox- PC streaming controller failing

Both are wired, so wireless isnt an issue, even if I plug a controller directly into the xb1 via USB, it wont work.
  6. ClearedAxe39548 Win User

Connecting to HTPC (video freezing and other issues)

I have an identical set-up. It's worked flawlessly in conjunction with my XB360 as an extender.

I haven't seen what you've described, but my setup is working okay (not great, but okay). Here's my set-up:

-Dell 660s running WMC (which was previously direct-connected to the TV and linked to my XB360 as an extender) & wired to my network

-SiliconDust HD Homerun tuner (wired to my network)

-Connected to XB1 (wired to my network) via HDMI passthrough

-OneGuide set to my local OTA channels

-Device set to Dell Media Center PC

Reuslts:

-I was able to fully control my PC via the mouse through the passthrough (watch live tv, use my WMC DVR)

-The edges of the screen were cutoff through the XB1 (I had to reduce the screen %).

-Also, I sometimes get a black screen for Live TV through the XB1 for no apparent reason

-I cannot control anything on the PC via the XB1 controller (apparently is all linked through IR)

-Upon turning everything on this morning, my PC never went to sleep last night and my XB1 was stuck on TV mode with audio but no picture (black screen again)

Still needs some work.
Thema:

1. Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC - Similar Threads - Wired XB1 Controller

2. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  3. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.21.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.21.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.17.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.17.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  5. THRONE AND LIBERTY Closed Beta Now LIVE! - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    THRONE AND LIBERTY Closed Beta Now LIVE! - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/wynnXIP [link] [comments]
  6. Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.12.0] - Xbox Wire

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App [2404.1001.12.0] - Xbox Wire: [IMG] submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  8. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  9. I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am unable to switch my Xbox Series X from IPv4 to IPv6 while using my college's wired...: Before my spring break, my connection worked beautifully with little to no issues in my college dorm room. When I took my Xbox X back home for spring break it worked there to with little to no...
  10. My ds4 does not work with bluetooth, but works wired...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My ds4 does not work with bluetooth, but works wired...: idk how this happened. it just happened out of nowhere. i have to use ds4windows to make it work wirelessly. 8fc8429a-e1fd-418e-81f8-ec25088ac1d3