Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

Discus and support Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/theflamingsans, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning the port, updating the controller and console, and plugging the wireless controller into the xbox with the headset plugged in. My wired controllers left thumbstick is starting to break so I'm going back to the default one. Is there anyway to fix this or should I just get a new controller/headset? The headset is 3rd partied UBL brand.

submitted by /u/theflamingsans
    [link] [comments]

/u/theflamingsans, Feb 2, 2024
  2. XBF Jasmine Z Win User

Headphones not working after battery change

Hi Nicholas,

If the headset is not working here are a few things to try:

Xbox One Chat Headset troubleshooting

Also, what type of headset is it? Do any other controllers work with the headset? Are other people able to hear or is it a problem with both hearing and speaking using the headset?
  3. Tezzerrific Win User

Xbox One Wired Chat Headset on PC

the original headset does not come with a 3.5mm jack but comes with a hardwired adapter that only plugs into the controller, no other way to connect it to the pc other than using a wired xbox controller or the wireless adapter with controller.

be better buying a one hear chat headset from turtle beach that has 3.5mm, or even better any usb headset as pc works with all including usb headsets.
  4. UndyingCatdog Win User

Turtle Beach X12 headset on XBox One

Yes the stereo headset adaptor wire will work. It also states in the description you need the stereo headset adaptor by Microsoft the one for 17.85 as well. The wire and adaptor are both required to get your headset working. The cable you listed In your
    reply back to me and the 17. 85 xbox stereo headset adaptor are both required. The wire plugs in to the adaptor and the adaptor plugs in the Xbox controller. I have the elite controller with the headphone jack as well and it dosent work right in my testing.
    I know it sucks that you have to spend more money then you wanted too but unfortunately the only other way is to buy a new headset made for Xbox one. So buy the wire you stated in your reply post to me and the stereo headset adaptor for 17. 85 and your headset
    will work. Your x12s will have some issues with xbox one because they are not designed for the xbox one.
  5. f00xm4n Win User

Stuck on what headset to get for xbox one :/

It's wired to the controller not the Xbox one which I think is worth mentioning. As are all the other headsets, there is no truly wireless (for the Xbox one) headset yet.
  6. DerVaddi Win User

headset mic not recognised in games

Thema:

Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

1. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other - Similar Threads - Wired headset working

2. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...
  3. Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t

in XboX Insiders
    Bought Xbox wired headset and the headphones part of it works perfectly but the mic doesn’t: So I bought the mic and have the newest Xbox. When I first got the headset it worked perfectly but then I took a break from Xbox and when I came back, the headphones still worked but the mic...
  4. Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Headset Mics Not Working (tried all if not most solutions): [XBOX ONE] My wired headset mic will not work, the Xbox picks up my voice on party overlay and text to speech but no one can hear me and I can’t hear people. I can hear everything else. I have:...
  5. My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Wired headset(s) mic(s) won’t work with one Xbox Account, but fine with others, and...: Stumped! I typically use a wireless headset (Astro A50, Steelseries, & others). I have tried three wired headsets (VZR MOdel One, Corsair virtuoso Pro, etc) and I’m getting the same result. I get...
  6. Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Loose and not working wired headset, why is it like that?: I have a question, I bought a official wired headset from Xbox. But when I tried to plug it into my Series S Controller it was very loose and it did not work, I tried finding videos and tutorials...
  7. Headset not working (X box series x) wired Logitech headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working (X box series x) wired Logitech headset: Hi all, please help. Bought a replacement Turtle Beach headset (wired- plugged in to controller) for my son. Could not get it to work, tried all troubleshooting , took it back and now have...
  8. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  9. I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have this Wired headset which was working on my controller just last night.: This headset I have doesn't work I can turn it up manually but when I try Audio & Music the middle is greyed out, the headset works on phones but not on my controllers anymore, I've tried Xbox...
  10. I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't the microphone on my wired headset to work: I just bought a new headset because my old one is falling apart. This headset works perfectly in terms of audio, but theicrophone doesn't work. I have looked through all of the settings, looked at...