Wired controllers not working on PC

Discus and support Wired controllers not working on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I've got a problem with my controllers, basically, some are working on my PC are other arent, which is weird. I have a wired controller (the cable... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Mat_76, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Mat_76
    Mat_76 Guest

Hi

I've got a problem with my controllers, basically, some are working on my PC are other arent, which is weird. I have a wired controller (the cable is attached to the controller it doesnt come off) and this one works, while my Xbox One controller with a "random" cable does not work.

Dont bother talking about Bluetooth, I never had it on my PC for some reason.

So I've heard update your controller peripheral drivers (which again only show up with the controller that is recognized and not the others) but when I try to update the drivers automatically, it says they're already the best ones, and I cant find them on internet if that's what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm kinda confused.

So if someone can help I'd be grateful

:)

Mat_76, Jan 21, 2023
  2. voteDC Win User

Trying to use XBOX 360 controller with my PC

My MadCatz 360 controller works with PC games, so yes third party wired controllers do work on the PC.
  3. The Viral Cyrix Win User

Wired controller not working in pc

You cant use a 360 wireless controller using a play and charge kit as a wired controller for windows. The play and charge kit only charges the controller it does not send the signal from the pc to the controller and back. You will need a

wired 360 controller for windows
    or the
    Wireless Gaming Receiver
  4. Rostom L Win User

I am afraid that your controller may be faulty. I would suggest to try a quality USB cable. It would be best to confirm the issue on a different PC. If we experience the same issue, you would have to replace it or if in warranty, request a replacement order.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

The simple answer is because a 360 wireless controller can't be turned into a wired controller. The wire can only charge, it can't send data. Only the Xbox One pad allows both wired and wireless.

For the 360 controller you'll need the Xbox 360 gaming receiver.
  6. killerkaesar Win User

Hello! sorry you are having this issue, there is a support page dedicated to this problem:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-help

Why don't you follow the steps on the page, if non of the solutions works please reply on this forum :)
Thema:

1. Wired controllers not working on PC - Similar Threads - Wired controllers working

2. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  3. Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other

in XboX Insiders
    Wired headset not working on one controller but not the other: One of my controllers is wired and works fine with my wired headset. The other one is the wireless one that came with the Series X and does not work with my headset plugged in. I've tried cleaning...
  4. Wired controller working but not responding

in XboX Insiders
    Wired controller working but not responding: I'm trying to get my controller connected to my Xbox but it's not working when I plug it in it doesn't turn on but when I hold a button in the back of the controller it turns on but the little...
  5. My new wired controller isn't working.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new wired controller isn't working.: When I plug my controller in it vibrates, but it won't turn on. Yesterday it started to only connect when the chord was in a certain position, but now it won't turn on at all. I've tried using...
  6. Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn’t my mic work on my wired controller?: My parents bought me a Xbox certificated wired controller for Christmas,i was excited to get on the get game and talk to my friends. I plugged my mic port in and started to talk but my mic was...
  7. 2nd wired controller won't work in game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd wired controller won't work in game.: Hp pc trying to play split screen rocket league. Have 2 wired easysmx controllers. Both work independently. Both also sort of work simultaneously. The 2nd controller will work until we get in...
  8. How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get my wired xbox controller and joycons to both work independant of eachother on...: First off, when I use the joycons in game, the left joystick doesn't work. The wired controller works fine But when I try to play a two player game like it takes two with both devices connected,...
  9. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  10. My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My wired Xbox controller doesn’t work on certain games: When I try play a game called rust with my new controller my lt and rt buttons do not do anything but everything else does and it used to work on my old controller. This controller also works on...