Wired controller on Windows 8.1

Discus and support Wired controller on Windows 8.1 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My computer cannot handle the Windows 10 update, so I'm stuck on 8.1, This controller is a wired one meaning not wireless in any way. My laptop will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tyshaggy99 XIII, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Wired controller on Windows 8.1

My computer cannot handle the Windows 10 update, so I'm stuck on 8.1,

This controller is a wired one meaning not wireless in any way. My laptop will not recognize it, and is unable to find the driver update

wtf do I do?

:)

Tyshaggy99 XIII, Oct 23, 2017
  2. EdDhyne
    EdDhyne Guest
    Having a problem with a RC6 remote controller

I have an RC6 remote controller. When I play a video from my Windows 8.1 Media Center, all the function keys work except Forward & Backward. Any suggestions?

Wired connection to Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

[Mod Removed] or [Mod Removed]

EdDhyne, Oct 23, 2017
  3. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    CONFIGURE ELITE CONTROLLER

Configuration for the Elite Controller can only be done on windows 10. It's not compatible with windows 8.1.

bowski477, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Wired controller on Windows 8.1

If it helps any in he drivers its listed as xbox one liquid metal controller

Tyshaggy99 XIII, Oct 23, 2017
  5. Tyshaggy99 XIII Win User

If it helps any in he drivers its listed as xbox one liquid metal controller
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Xbox 360 Wireless controller slow down games on Windows 8 x64

Hey there Contra,

Sorry to hear you're having issue with your controllers on 8.1.

As Mister Cerb said, there is most likely a compatibility issue as the Wired and Wireless Xbox controllers as it is not compatible past Windows 7.

For further assistance, I would contact
    Windows Support
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

360 play and charge kit on PC/Windows RT

There is no controller driver to download for Windows 8 because the driver is already installed as part of the Operating System. This applies to both the Desktop version of Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 8/8.1RT for Windows Surface Tablets.

If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, just plug it in, it will work straight away. For wireless controllers you still need a wireless gaming receiver. And yes, the receiver does work with Windows 8RT.
  8. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 controller not working on Windows 8

@SlightJeans3. The Xbox 360 controller both wired and wireless (with a gaming receiver for the wireless pad) are compatible and work fine in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. There is no driver to download for Windows 8 as the driver is already installed and ready
    to go for Windows 8 PC's and surface tablet devices.

I've been using mine this week to play the PC version of Skyrim. Not only that, but in the coming weeks the Xbox One controller will also be supported for Windows.
  9. bowski477 Win User

CONFIGURE ELITE CONTROLLER

Configuration for the Elite Controller can only be done on windows 10. It's not compatible with windows 8.1.
Thema:

1. Wired controller on Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Wired controller Windows

2. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  3. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  4. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  6. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...
  7. Controller not vibrating via wire

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller not vibrating via wire: My bluetooth device on my PC is broken so I chose to connect the controller via wire. However neither of my Xbox Elite nor Xbox Wireless are able to vibrate with the wire. I checked Xbox...
  8. Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I lose Atmos surround sound when I plug a headset into my wired controller?: The moment I plug my headset in to my Razer Wolverine V2 controller the sound mode on my XBOX changes the audio output to stereo uncompressed. The sound output cannot be changed back to any type...
  9. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  10. Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired Xbox One controller acting weird on Xbox GamePass on PC Windows 11: I'm using a wired Xbox One controller on GamePass on PC and it's acting very crazy, for example on Starfield the Y and B buttons are both jump buttons, left bumper is both scanner and crouch, the...