Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming

Discus and support Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The controller is wired with current drivers on Windows 10. The PC recognizes the controller, and I can navigate windows with it. However, the Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr. McGritz, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Mr. McGritz
    Mr. McGritz Guest

The controller is wired with current drivers on Windows 10. The PC recognizes the controller, and I can navigate windows with it.

However, the Xbox Cloud Gaming app will not recognize it. Odd thing is I used the same controller less than 24 hours ago to game on Xbox Cloud and had no issues.

:)

Mr. McGritz, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Mr. McGritz Win User

Thank you.

The controller is not detected on xbox.com/play either. It was yesterday.

You are correct. I do not see this brand of controller as verified.

Odd that it will work in any app on Windows (that I've tried) other than for gaming.
  3. Mr. McGritz Win User

For me, it was the brand of controller. I connected via Bluetooth on an actual Xbox Controller and had no issues.
  4. Mr. McGritz Win User

Unfortunately I am traveling for work and picked up this controller for some gaming. I don't have any others. It worked fine last night, that's what is frustrating.

I appreciate your help. A resolution doesn't seem very plausible.

If it is the controller itself, many people will become wary of trying cloud gaming. A controller for Xbox, and Windows, but not Xbox on Windows.
  5. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and if it's made for Windows 10/11 as well, it will work for any app but for cloud gaming, there are controllers that we may need to use that were confirmed to work. Do you have any controller that is on the list that we can try to use?
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

If I may ask, what controller are you using?

Also, have you tried accessing cloud gaming on a different device to test it out?
Thema:

1. Wired Controller not recognized by Xbox Cloud Gaming - Similar Threads - Wired Controller recognized

2. Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when wire is moved up or when it lays on the back: Whenever I move Xbox cable slightly up it automatically disconnects. I’ve tried 4 different cables that work with anything else but with my Xbox series s controller it works until i lay it on its...
  3. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  4. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  5. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  6. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  7. My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox: My wired controller won't turn on. on my xbox but work on my brother xbox e667e29d-baa6-4e38-b72a-77fe31dd074f
  8. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  9. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  10. Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller when wired to PC stops responding every time when put at certain angles: I plug in my Xbox wireless controller to PC for gaming. Whenever I put it down or it reaches at a level angle, it immediately stops responding (all buttons stop working but the light is on). The...