wired controller disconnects every time I change profile while in the same game

Discus and support wired controller disconnects every time I change profile while in the same game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello guys: well, I tried changing remotes new ones, old ones, all wired by the way; Restarting the box reconnects it until I decide to change profile... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by greatjoey719060, May 17, 2022.

1. wired controller disconnects every time I change profile while in the same game

Hello guys: well, I tried changing remotes new ones, old ones, all wired by the way; Restarting the box reconnects it until I decide to change profile while in the same game, closing and restarting the game doesn't fix problem if I decide to change profile, Settings; This controller sings in to nobody; Hard reset unplug box but same it will work with who ever signed to the game first, controller for some reason in settings is always assigned to whoever logged in first I can't disable or select nobody for that option you have to pick a profile in this case the console picks for you, I used to just pick up the controller and play i I know the remotes are good even the bad ones only have drifting but I'm able to play with them and used different cables including brand new ones , is it a broken box or game I'm playing Aliens Elite is the only game playing at the moment

:)

greatjoey719060, May 17, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, greatjoey719060. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Would you please try to test it on any other game to see if this happens too?

Also, when you said you tried a "hard reset", do you mean a power cycle (turning your Xbox off, removing all cables, wait a few minutes and plug again) or a factory reset?

Waiting for your answers so I can proper assist you.
  3. Baslo81 Win User

Xbox series x controller disconnecting (latest firmware)

So I have the same problem but on a pc with a wired controller.

With Bluetooth disconnected all the time so I started to use with wired. Didn’t disconnect as much but still plenty of times.

I tried everything u guys have mentioned but still bad.

Used the Ps5 and Nintendo switch pro controller, they worked perfectly.

So I will try to change the controller to a ps5 instead. I still like the Xbox controller more but the disconnect it’s so annoying.

My son gets crazy mad when the controller disconnects so I need to get a controller that works:)
  4. AirSgt johnny Win User

Controller Drifting/Disconnecting

I have the same problem still my controller wired or wireless is disconnecting and reconnecting every 2 mins plz help microsoft
  5. GerbenS_1980 Win User

Xbox X controllers disconnecting

This started happening to me since the latest, or maybe the one before, update.

Says console updated successfully 3rd of June 2022.

I only play wired.. so yes it’s disconnecting me while wired.

Using two different controllers, 1 from Microsoft and 1 from turtle beach. (recon controller)

I thought it might be the wire, but I tried several usb c wires, on several USB ports on the series X.

The one in front and the ones in the back, doesn’t matter, same result.

It will disconnect during gameplay mostly, other activities such as watching YouTube etc, it doesn’t seem to disconnect, ruling out the wire as far as I’m concerned.

I have also updated both controllers obviously.

No change in behaviour.

This is fairly recent.

If it gets worse I’ll do the reset / keep games etc nuclear option.
  6. WayUpHigh Win User

Wireless Connection Issue?

The reset didn't work. I had no issues at all while playing right after the reset, but when I powered it back on the next day, it was back to the same problem. I never tried a wired connection due to my awkward setup, but I did disconnect every other wireless
    device from the wifi connection to test it. Both the controller and xbox still disconnected.
Thema:

1. wired controller disconnects every time I change profile while in the same game - Similar Threads - wired controller disconnects

2. Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a bug or defect with the xbox series usb ports and wired controllers?: My Xbox S is acting strange lately, my controller is always plugged into my xbox and today it was working and then right in the middle of the game. It just turned off so I unplugged it then...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around...: so my xbox wired controller is acting wierd on xbox game pass app it makes me look around LT and RT instead of one of my joysticks f4b7a134-1bf5-46de-a074-9f4c339e40f9
  5. My wired Xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox controller: Hey I bought a wired Xbox controller in December and it won’t work on my Xbox one till this day * Moved from Community Center 08594fb2-87f5-4e39-a978-c09a25b66842
  6. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  7. Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect

in XboX Insiders
    Wired Headset makes Controller disconnect: I have an issue that when my wored headset is connect to my Xbox One controller, I have audio issues and my controller will desync. The audio is almost always spotty but the controller will...
  8. Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wired controller keeps disconnecting randomly: Hi, My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting for 2-3 seconds at a time when online gaming. I have an Xbox Series X, with a 10foot micro-USB cable connecting the console to a stock Xbox One...
  9. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  10. Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller disconnect when I plug my wired mic in?: I just purchased a xbox controller, took it out of the box, synced it, updated it, restarted everything, but when I plung my mic control puck in the controller disconnects from the console. I've...