: Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X

Discus and support : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X Hi, My series X no longer recognises my wired connection. Wifi only at the moment it seems. I... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Geoffrey Carlin, Jul 4, 2021.

1. : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X

Hi,

My series X no longer recognises my wired connection.

Wifi only at the moment it seems.

I have tried the cable in my old One X and everything is fine...

So far I have tried,

Rebooting

Disconnecting the power for 5 minutes

Resetting the console (keeping games and apps)

I have had no luck

Any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Geoffrey Carlin, Jul 4, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X

Hello @Geoffrey Carlin!

If your Xbox Series X console is having wired network connection issues, please try the following solutions.

If you’re making a wired connection to a router or gateway, plug one end of a network cable into a port on your router or gateway, and plug the other end of the cable into the back of your console.

If you’re connecting your Xbox console directly to a modem, follow these steps:

1. Plug one end of a network cable into your modem.
    2. Plug the other end of the network cable into the back of your console.
    3. Turn off the console by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
    4. Unplug the mains lead from the back of the modem.
    5. After 1 minute, plug the modem back in and wait for all of the lights to return to their normal state.
    6. Turn on the console.
    Checking your network cables:

If you experience any problems connecting to the network, first check that your network cables are connected correctly:

Note Carefully examine every network cable that is plugged into the router, gateway, or modem for kinks, stripped plastic shielding, and exposed or frayed wires. If you see any defects in a network cable, replace it.

1. Unplug the network cable from the back of your console.
    2. Inspect the cable’s connector and the Xbox console’s socket to make sure that they are clean and free of debris.
    3. Plug it back in, making sure it clicks into place.
    4. Follow the network cable to your router, gateway, or modem and unplug it.
    5. Inspect the cable’s connector and the socket of the router, gateway, or modem to make sure that they are clean and free of debris.
    6. Plug the network cable back into your router, gateway, or modem (for a router or a gateway, try plugging the network cable into a different port). Make sure the cable clicks into place.
    7. Verify that all power cables are firmly seated in the router, gateway, or modem and that all networking devices are powered on.
    Test your network connection:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.
    3. Select Test network connection.
    If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to the Xbox network. (If you are prompted to update your console software, select Yes.) Congrats, you’re connected!

If the connection test is not successful, select the appropriate error message on this page to troubleshoot the connection error:

Troubleshoot network connection errors.

Hope this helps! keep us updated!
  3. StarImpact1 Win User

Pointless since no real support but can't access my Xbox Series X or S since 24hrs and nothing works

Wired connection for the Series X and wireless for the Series S. Doesn't seem to make much difference.
  4. marc 651 Win User

Bluetooth adapter for x box controller??

I have got a tip that makes a wired controller uses a android device to connect to a PC.

But I want to connect a wired controller to my X Box series X,using somithing simular.

Or another bluetooth adapter.....
  5. TommyWilson8 Win User

Xbox Series X keeps disconnecting

I have one Xbox (Series X) wired via Ethernet. I can play on WiFi with no disconnects but I prefer a wired connection for gaming.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

No, it's not possible to use an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S controller on an Xbox 360 even connected with a wire.
Thema:

1. : Wired connection no longer recognised on Series X - Similar Threads - Wired connection longer

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox accessories app won't detect wired connection on my elite series 2 controller when it...: I cannot use the accessories app for my elite series 2 controller on PC. Says use wired connection but it's already plugged in how do I fix this db14f4d0-0b14-4148-a926-845124931b8c
  4. Wired connection issue on Xbox X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired connection issue on Xbox X: Hi. My Xbox x is showing a wired connection plugged in. There is no wire connection as I only use wifi. Xbox stuck on check wired connection. This happened after a power failure in the...
  5. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  6. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  7. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  8. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  9. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  10. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...