Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

Discus and support Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With how large games are now, this is becoming a bit frustrating. Have even turned QoS back on & no improvement in download speed. Does anyone have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sterling 6 Gray, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

With how large games are now, this is becoming a bit frustrating. Have even turned QoS back on & no improvement in download speed. Does anyone have the answer? No other games are running.

Edit: The issue was somehow solved by using a different cable between the console and the switch.

:)

Sterling 6 Gray, Jun 30, 2022
  2. Sterling 6 Gray Win User

Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox Series X downloads still capped at 100mbps

Thank you much, Lucas. The issue was somehow fixed by using a different cable. Not sure how, but it was.
  3. Sterling 6 Gray Win User

Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox Series X downloads still capped at 100mbps

I seem to have fixed the issue by using a different cable to connect my console to the switch. Makes no sense that this would make the difference, but it did and I'm happy. Hitting 500mbps right now and hopefully will see better speeds in the future still. Leaving this here on the off-chance that someone with the same issue finds this. Thank you for your time & willingness to help.
  4. BAW on Xbox Win User

Let us know what brand router and/or modem you have, along with model numbers, and also who your ISP is.

Might be able to find someone who knows that equiptment to be able to help.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

I'm glad you found a solution. If you need anything else, please let me know.

Great gaming!
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, Sterling. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

I assume that you have no error on your console network test. I'd suggest you to try with different DNS settings and ports.

Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Select Manual

It will ask you to manually fill your primary and secundary DNS IP. Try with these two combinations to see which one performs better:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secundary: 1.0.0.1

Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secundary: 8.8.4.4

After that, on the same screen, go to Alternate MAC Address > Clear > Restart

This will restart your console.

After the restart, go to Network Settings again > Advanced Settings > Alternate Port Selection

Try with each one of the ports and see which one gives you a better download and upload speed.
Thema:

Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox...

1. Wired connection, gigabit internet, ports forwarded, NAT type open, QoS disabled -- Xbox... - Similar Threads - Wired connection gigabit

2. My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Controller won't appear in the bluethooth tab, but it will connect via wire.: I've been trying to connect my Xbox controller to my pc via bluethooth but it won't appear in the bluethooth area, I tried updating the drivers, updating the controller through the Xbox...
  3. Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Original Xbox one (2014) internet issues even with wired connection: I have had this Xbox one since 2014 and recently (last few months) have experienced some issues with its internet. I have exclusively used it with a wired, ethernet connection and have been having...
  4. Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox states theres a wired connection, but no cable connected.: Hi, My Xbox recently has been playing up and continues to state network connected via cable, but I've always used wireless. I have done a soft and hard reboot, this didn't work. I also...
  5. does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one: does the Logitech h304 headset (wired usb) connect to xbox one 8651d522-0d08-4052-844b-2c460752a254
  6. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  7. My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired internet connection keeps randomly kicking me offline, what do I do?: I previously posted and the solution did not work, but I attend a University and my internet is great but the wired connection will randomly kick me offline. My internet and Ethernet cord are all...
  8. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network): Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: - I am running a Windows 11 machine. - I have...
  9. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  10. how to connect e circuit wired headphones to xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect e circuit wired headphones to xbox: This is so annoying! I just got some stupid E Circuit wired microphone and the microphone won’t work. Do these not work for the xbox or is there a problem with my xbox?...