Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices

Discus and support Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It started a few days ago, playing dark souls 2 on steam, and the few fixes I found online don't seem to do anything. Anyone get this/get it fixed?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RemotePants17, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices

It started a few days ago, playing dark souls 2 on steam, and the few fixes I found online don't seem to do anything.

Anyone get this/get it fixed?

:)

RemotePants17, Mar 19, 2018
  2. XtinXionZ
    XtinXionZ Guest
    Controller Micro-USB port wabbles (growing issue)

I prefer a wired controller. After a couple days of using a micro-usb to plug in my controller the port loosened causing the controller to shut off. So I decided to wait but recently found ou the "wired" X1 controllers for PC are just controllers that
    come with a usb cable. Online it seems many others are having this problem. Will there eventually be a true wired controller?

XtinXionZ, Mar 19, 2018
  3. Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Sorry bit there is no 'correct 360 controller cable'.

A 360 wireless controller remains wireless even when plugged in, it does not become wired if you connect via USB. The reason is because the controller isn't designed to send data down a USB cable.

Only the Xbox One controller works wired and wireless.

Obsessive Power, Mar 19, 2018
  4. Xtramalt Win User

All of a sudden my controllers won't charge

You say your wired controller wouldn't work either, I'm guessing it's your USB ports. These do have over-current protection and sometimes can shut down because of it. Shut down your console and disconnect everything except the power supply. Turn it on
    for a few minutes and then shut it down, reconnect your controllers and see if it has fixed it.

Second, How old are the rechargeable batteries? They don't last forever.

support.xbox.com/.../controllers-remotes
  5. Paraffin Alien Win User

Xbox 360 controller cable smoking

This can happen to any wired controller over time.

With the constant bending of the cable where it enters the controller housing, the insulation on the numerous wires can split exposing the copper wire within.

These can then touch each other and cause an electrical short circuit.

Once this happens a new controller is required.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 Controller Connecting to a Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

Sorry bit there is no 'correct 360 controller cable'.

A 360 wireless controller remains wireless even when plugged in, it does not become wired if you connect via USB. The reason is because the controller isn't designed to send data down a USB cable.

Only the Xbox One controller works wired and wireless.
  7. RusticHickory59 Win User

Only Xbox Home button working

Same here. Ive also tried using the device wired through the micro usb port this did not help. The device is clearly connected as i can access the menu to shut off the console and controller and it is not a charge issue as the vibration works when holding
    the home button and the issue persists with the controller wired vs wireless.
  8. Baby Vincent Win User

Xbox elite series 2 controller won’t connect via usb

It also seems that the controller stays connected only when I'm holding the USB wire at a certain angle (pressing down on it). Once I let go of the wire, it disconnects.
Thema:

Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices

1. Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices - Similar Threads - Wired 360 controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360- Various Disconnects from Xbox Live with Wired Connection: This is a bit long winded, but this is an accounting of what has taken place, and lead me here: I finished/100% a game on my Xbox 360 yesterday that was not back compat to the Series X. No...
  4. Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller keeps disconnecting on pc: I have an xbox 360 controller wired and it keeps disconnecting while playing a game, midway after 1-2 minutes. I have an HP victus 15.6 laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3050 Ti, 8GB RAM (All...
  5. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  6. Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller not connecting to Xbox 360: My brother got an xbox 360 from his grandad. It worked but the controller has a circular cable and couldn't plug into the console so we had to order an adapter, once we got the adapter it worked...
  7. Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wired controller flashing 4 green lights: It's not working on both pc and xbox 360 all 4 green lights flash and not working IT'S A WIRED CONTROLLER e1a37e28-9e44-4552-8be8-0a10b7cecf34
  8. Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller's wire to batteries got rusted away?: My Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for PC has got a rusting at the wire end and its no longer turning on. I repaired at local electronic shop but still it turns off when I invert the controller. This...
  9. Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wire controller for windows 10 not working right.: Okay I am having some issues here. Here is what I have tried Controller works but only 2 parts don't: L and R trigger and the D pad 1 controller: Rock candy 2 controller: Used Xbox 360...
  10. Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge USB Wire is not charging my controller: I just thought the controller needed to be charged so I use the usb wire and I hook it in the controller and no red light comes on it or anything I take the wire out and plug it into a different...