Windows11 Xbox live sign in error at game launch, no code. App login is successful

Discus and support Windows11 Xbox live sign in error at game launch, no code. App login is successful in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue launching any games in Xbox app on Windows11 and successfully logging into Xbox live. App login is successful, Xbox gamebar login... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nick#23, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Nick#23
    Nick#23 Guest

Windows11 Xbox live sign in error at game launch, no code. App login is successful

Hi, I have an issue launching any games in Xbox app on Windows11 and successfully logging into Xbox live. App login is successful, Xbox gamebar login is successful, and any web login is successful. However, when I go to launch a game (I've tried 3 different games), I get the "Welcome back" box with "Let's Play" button...when I click "Let's Play" I receive the "We couldn't sign you into Xbox Live" message with no error code:

"We can't sign you in to Xbox Live right now. Try again in a while. If that doesn't work, we have a few ideas that might help fix the problem."

Unless xbox services have been down across multiple games for many days in a row, I don't think this is a server issue.

I've exhaustively searched for solutions, but have only found general login issues, and haven't seen anybody with this issue where xbox live login is successful EXCEPT for in-game when game is launched. Any thoughts/input/suggestions would be great, I'm at a loss and it would be great to play these games that I'm paying a monthly membership for!

:)

Nick#23, Oct 23, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nick#23

Please try and double check this
    Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper
    Xbox Live Auth Manager
    Xbox Live Game Save
    Xbox Live Networking Service
    Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.
    Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)
    If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC and try again

If that doesn't work, try these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Nick#23 Win User

Yup, all seems to be working ok after reinstallation
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I'm glad to know that at least the OS reinstallation worked for you

Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help or assistance in the future
    For now take care and have a good day
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, so. Everything is working now after the Windows reinstallation?

Maybe there was some kind of corruption in the previous Windows version
  6. Nick#23 Win User

Thanks for the suggestions...unfortunately none of these seemed to do the trick, and I had to resort to a reinstallation of the OS. Things seems to be working after this.
Thema:

1. Windows11 Xbox live sign in error at game launch, no code. App login is successful - Similar Threads - Windows11 live sign

2. ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11)

in XBoX on Consoles
    ive been trying to connect my xbox wireless headset to my PC (windows11): after 2 days of trying i finally got it connected to my PC and series x and it sounds fine on my xbox but on my PC it constantly cuts oout and im not sure what to do ive reset it and followed all...
  3. im having the error code 0x80070bff (windows11 app)

in XboX Insiders
    im having the error code 0x80070bff (windows11 app): trying to watch astroneer and a lot of others just results in this error and i dont know how to fix it does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/Single_Button_5649 [link] [comments]
  4. how can i fix 0x80073cf6 error code on windows11 ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how can i fix 0x80073cf6 error code on windows11 ?: hi, im getting 0x80073cf6 error code while trying to start my games with xbox app on my pc(windows11). i cant find "how to"s for W11 users. 595f985c-edac-4f58-b250-36286159a299
  5. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?: Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple Reason. I could Share Screenshots To multiple...
  6. Cant play maneater in windows11 through PC game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play maneater in windows11 through PC game pass: During gaming, windows just randomly minimizes maneater during the middle of combat. Even if I press alt + enter for full screen, the same problem still exists. I tried switching off game mode on...
  7. Cant play maneater in windows11 through PC game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play maneater in windows11 through PC game pass: During gaming, windows just randomly minimizes maneater during the middle of combat. Even if I press alt + enter for full screen, the same problem still exists. I tried switching off game mode on...
  8. Can’t install Ms flight simulator on windows11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install Ms flight simulator on windows11: I can’t get MS flight simulator to install on my Windows11 pc. It has been stuck for 24 hours on “preparing “. Any suggestions on how to correct problem? cf0f8bcf-a035-4b56-a6e3-d9d73de52d80
  9. Dport adapter not working on laptop windows11. (HDMI from laptop to a Dport converter into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dport adapter not working on laptop windows11. (HDMI from laptop to a Dport converter into...: Using a star tech converter 8176fde5-adce-422f-9557-e83e9d410f66
  10. Windows11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Windows11: will Windows11 play MSPuzzles 9f44f100-70b1-4586-b7ad-716ae7ad9fde