Windows Xbox App is reinstalling a game after every restart

Discus and support Windows Xbox App is reinstalling a game after every restart in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, every single time when I uninstall State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition the app from Xbox installs the game again after every restart. I tried... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by RobertoSL90, Nov 6, 2021.

1. RobertoSL90
    RobertoSL90 Guest

Hi,

every single time when I uninstall State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition the app from Xbox installs the game again after every restart. I tried different ways to unninstall the game and keep it away from my SD, but like I wrote, after every restart Xbox reinstalls the game.

:)

RobertoSL90, Nov 6, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

We appreciate your coming to the Xbox community, and we're sorry you're having this issue. Based on what you've told us, I recommend you try the solution below.

Before restarting the pc again, uninstall the game, after that clear the Microsoft store cache, following the instructions below.

Search for the term WSRESET in the windows search bar

Click on the executable that appears, wait for the window that opens to close automatically.

Now restart your pc, and see if the game will appear installed again.

*We thank you in advance for contacting us, I hope this can help you.
  3. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @RobertoSL90!

The first thing I would need you to do is to make sure that your Windows has the latest update: Select check for updates now, and then select Check for updates. Or, select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If there is an available update, select Install now.

You may also want to check for any updates available for the Xbox app. After that, please attempt the following steps and check if the same behavior occurs again.

Reset the Xbox app: You can Reset the Xbox app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.
    6. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.
    However, if the issue persists, reinstall the Xbox app and check again.

Reinstall the Xbox App: Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.
    Make sure to keep us updated!

I hope this helps you out!
  4. MaxJacobusVoid Win User

Halo Spartan Strike on Windows 8

I'm also having this issue, but on Windows 10. It logged me in fine the first time I started up the game, but now it wont sign in even after restarting the PC, reinstalling the game, and also reinstalling the xbox live app. Any solutions yet?
  5. BlinkyBear9905 Win User

Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of issues with the Xbox App lately. Every time I restart my PC the app is broken, it won't launch unless I reinstall it. The problem is that if I was downloading a game before reinstalling the app, the game won't launch when finished downloading.

You can add to that various crashs with other game store apps since the last Windows 10 update and freezes during a restart of the PC.

Is there anybody with the same problems ?

Thanks guys.

PS. : My PC is perfectly up to date
  6. rorodelafrance Win User

Problem syncing player data on Forza 7

I already restart my computer and also reinstall the game and log out from windows 10 and xbox app but the probem persists.
Thema:

1. Windows Xbox App is reinstalling a game after every restart - Similar Threads - Windows App reinstalling

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  10. XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall: The XBOX APP will not reinstall on my new computer. Initially, it would not update on my new computer. It is supposed to include 3 months of Xbox Game Pass and the app will not work whatsoever....