Windows Xbox app, I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat

Discus and support Windows Xbox app, I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat. I sound perfectly fine on every other game /chat app/voice recording app I use, (Discord,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sketchyblue, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Sketchyblue
    Sketchyblue Guest

I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat. I sound perfectly fine on every other game /chat app/voice recording app I use, (Discord, built-in Voice recorder on W10, and in-game on multiple titles), I have all the latest drivers, etc, I've reset the Microsoft store and the Xbox app itself, I've tried a few things I found online with no luck. I am troubleshooting savvy and cannot for the life of me figure this out. HELP PLZ

:)

Sketchyblue, Oct 8, 2022
  2. Dylan Bullock Win User

My lord and savior. I'd been having this issue for months and basically stopped playing games with my friends because they kept saying it sounded like I was underwater. This immediately fixed the issue.
  3. XBF-Spartan Win User

Hi Sketchyblue.

Thanks for your response. You mentioned that you use the Discord voice recorder in your original post. Is there any other 3rd party audio software that you have running while using Game Bar that maybe causing an issue for you?
  4. WilliamSuraci Win User

Uhh yeah tried logging in and out and same issue on my audio interface. Works fine in every other app and game. Strictly an Xbox game bar issue. PLEASE SOMEONE RESOLVE
  5. Sketchyblue Win User

Thanks for the response, I have tried this and had no luck!
  6. Mattickus Win User

I just want to second this. Look at my previous findings. I too have two different audio interfaces that both make this underwater robot sound, and I can't change their input formats to anything other than "2 Channels, 24 Bit, 44100 Hz (Studio Quality)". All of my USB mics sound just find when using the XBox Game Bar party chat, and their Input Format is "1 Channels, 16 Bit, 4800Hz (DVD Quality)".

I'm starting to wonder if it's not so much the Hz rate but perhaps it has to do with the fact it's input is "2 Channel" vs. "1 Channel"? Who knows, all I know is that using the same device that sounds like **** on the Xbox Game Bar party chat, on something like Discord or even recording music with other various types of software in my PC, it sounds just fine. This is 100% something to do with the Xbox PC Software.
Thema:

1. Windows Xbox app, I sound like a robot underwater to my friends in party chat - Similar Threads - Windows app sound

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Poor sounds quality when playing Xbox game via App on Windows 11 using BT Headphones: Once I enter game menu in both Halo Infinite and Aliens: Fireteam Elite, the sound becomes flat and barely hearable. It's like I was using $1 headphones. Disabling hands free setting for BT...