WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba

Discus and support WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When trying to install Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app on windows it just says ERROR 0%. This is the only game I have encountered this issue with... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by reyen_p, Jul 24, 2022.

1. reyen_p
    reyen_p Guest

When trying to install Sea of Thieves through the Xbox app on windows it just says ERROR 0%. This is the only game I have encountered this issue with and this has been ongoing for several months. I had been able to install before and then came across this issue but I couldn't and still cant find any solutions online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

reyen_p, Jul 24, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yes, I have another things to advise you:

1. Try reinstalling all the Microsoft Store components:

Method 1. Repair Windows Store:

"1. Go to settings> Update and Security> troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooter> Then click Windows Store apps

2. Temporarily Disable the Anti-virus (If you have third party anti viru)

3. Run Powershell

4. On Powershell(admin), copy and paste the command below:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Method 2. repair Windows Store and update components

Open Powershell with Admin or CMD with Admin (Press Windows key + X then click Windows Powershell(Admin))

Copy each line of command to Powershell then press enter (one line at a time)

net stop bits

net stop wuauserv

net stop appidsvc

net stop cryptsvc

Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\*.*"

rmdir %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution /S /Q

rmdir %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 /S /Q

regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll

regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dll

regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset proxy

net start bits

net start wuauserv

net start appidsvc

net start cryptsvc

" : Lester BernardReyes reply.

Original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

2. Run the SFC tool to find and repair possible system corruptions

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

3. In case the previous tool didn't detect anything, perform an in-place upgrade for your system. Your content will remain:

4. The last one (I can advise you first contact Sea of thieves support before doing this) Perform a custom installation for your Windows system:

3. reyen_p Win User

Thanks alot Josef.

The in-place upgrade took a while but it seemed to fix it.

You are doing gods work my friend, I hope you can help many others as you have helped me.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Reyen_P

Please answer the following questions to see how you can proceed:

Is this happening on Windows 10 or 11?

Are you trying to install the game to an external drive (or a different partition than C:)

Which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this?

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  6. reyen_p Win User

My regions match and time and time zone are set automatically.

The website redirects me to the Xbox app when installing.

Are there any other solutions?
Thema:

1. WINDOWS XBOX APP - Cant install Sea of Thieves - ERROR CODE 0x800706ba - Similar Threads - WINDOWS APP Cant

2. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  3. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  4. windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and...: windows 10 my forza horizon 4 what from Microsoft store i cant login in to xbox app and forza horizon 4 beacuse its write for me that "you may not proceed without being signed in to a profile"...
  5. code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...: i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows install. i think its an account problem ae19f41d-6837-4443-b1c2-7fee5e768248
  6. Cant sign in to MS XBOX App Windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant sign in to MS XBOX App Windows 11: Hello, When I click the sign in button, the window briefly flashes but nothing else happens. I still remain not logged in, and I do not see an error message or anything. I can then click the sign...
  7. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  8. Xbox App for Windows PC cant install nor Update anything anymore - error 80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App for Windows PC cant install nor Update anything anymore - error 80070490: Hey there Xbox Community, i changed to Windows 11 a few month now and hell, its been a rollercoaster. I thought having an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate could be nice addition to my pile of shame but -...
  9. Why cant I sign into xbox app windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I sign into xbox app windows 10?: I already know the issue, was wondering if you could provide a solution. When attempting to sign into the xbox app on Windows 10 it doesn't let me sign in, instead it returns to the xbox app home...
  10. i cant sign in with Xbox live windows 11 i try Xbox app ,Minecraft it does not work can you...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant sign in with Xbox live windows 11 i try Xbox app ,Minecraft it does not work can you...: won't let me sign in [img] c526926d-c3a8-40fa-8adb-b616ce61bf8b