Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never...

Discus and support Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i am very confused cuz now i cant use the account on windows cuz its asking me for information that i never game them, because it never existed in the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sagewithaquestion, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never...

i am very confused cuz now i cant use the account on windows cuz its asking me for information that i never game them, because it never existed in the first place. i know none of my friends or family set up a pin cuz its an account only i use, so why is it asking for one?

:)

sagewithaquestion, Jan 14, 2022
  2. sagewithaquestion Win User

Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never set up one.

no i dont have a pin on pc
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never set up one.

do you have a pin set for logging into he PC, if so use that one.
  4. Belen T.C. Win User

Please help me with sing in

Hello WaterSpider1996,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand you are having issues with signing in to Xbox App since it is asking for 4-digit PIN. Let's work on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

To sign in to the app, you need to enter the same 4-digit PIN that you use on your console. Since you don't remember your PIN and no longer have access to the Xbox Console, you can reset it online by following these steps:

1. Go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    2. Find your console in the list of devices and select Show details.

3. Under Device info, select Reset PIN.
    4. Enter a new 4-digit PIN and confirm it.

5. Sign in to the app with your new PIN.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue and enjoy gaming on the app until you can get a new console. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. smileskybird Win User

Just bought Metro (lesson learned.....)

You do know that you can add a pin to your console so that when you sign in on it, the Dashboard asks for your pin (not account password) it's a 6 digit password. You can also program it so that when you buy stuff on your console, it asks for your
    PIN. I'd like to see your toddler sir figure out your 6 digit PIN. If you want to set up a PIN on Xbox 360, it's only a 4 Digit PIN where as on Xbox 1 they went with the extra security of a 6 Digit PIN.
  6. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

I'm having trouble connecting my PC to my Xbox it keeps on asking for the pin which I put in

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. Let's remove the PIN code. Here are the steps:

Click Start and select Settings.

Select Accounts.

Select Sign-in options, under PIN, and click Remove.

Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Kindly check the "Can I sign in to Windows without a password" part for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device here on this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/can...

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Please take your time and let me know if it works.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Thema:

Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never...

1. Windows xbox app asks for a 4 digit pin on the sign in page............ even though i never... - Similar Threads - Windows app asks

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....