Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...

Discus and support Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Dear All, I am having difficulties to understand what is happening with Windows, remote play, or simply just using the laptop to play consol games...... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hlpbob007, Dec 7, 2022.

1. hlpbob007
    hlpbob007 Guest

Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...

Dear All,

I am having difficulties to understand what is happening with Windows, remote play, or simply just using the laptop to play consol games... I have an XBOX Series X, works perfectly, attached directly to the TV, no A/V etc in between. Network runs on gigabit LAN.

and I have my wife's laptop Dell Inspirion 15, nothing fancy, but OK for remote play (according to all pre check AMD R5 3450U + 8 gig RAM 1 year old laptop) I am running Windows 11 Home, all apps, windows etc, all up to date (also laptop HW, all up to date). I have wifi with 5ghz and also good coverage. Xbox controller connected via BT, XBOX app recognizes that, so seems to be all set up good to go.

My problem comes, when I launch the XBOX APP on laptop, then I click on the consol icon between the bell and my profile name, I select my xbox series x, and I do not see that nice green rocket as loading screen, but i get an endless black screen. Also no error message, no audio, no video, nothing, just a black screen. (last time i let it go for 4 hours, came back still black screen)

Funny is that it works like a charm, on my iphone 8 plus, with xbox app, same I click on consol and green rocket comes, within seconds i see my xbox series x dashboard.

SO I really tried everything, firewall off etc... app repair, restart, uninstall, install, and still I am getting the black screen.

Does anyone know how to check this more into the detail? It is super frustrating, that a Microsoft owned product (windows and xbox) cannot work together, but an Apple product can work with my Xbox Series X without issue...

Many thanks for your help!

PS: Strange notification I get every time i launch the xbox app on windows. It tells me that the STORE ACCOUNT and the XBOX ACCOUNT not the same. Yes that's known since the laptop is connected to my wife's MS account and I am using my MS account during the XBOX game (same account which i use on the xbox series x). So it gives me 2 choice, setup store account as xbox account, or use xbox account as store account. Honestly i tried both, no improvements.... so I closed that one out as well...

:)

hlpbob007, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play works on phone

Hello hlpbob007,

We hope you are well today, and we really appreciate for your time in sharing here at Xbox Forum.

We are going to close this thread for now and if ever you need to get back to us again, do not hesitate to create a new post here. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com) we are more than happy and eager to assist you.

[​IMG]

Again, thank you for you for posting. have a great day ahead.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. hlpbob007 Win User

Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play works on phone

Hello Geri,

Thanks for your notes.

Replying in order:

• Report the problem on the Xbox App while it's happening on your wife's laptop so we can have the bug report Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support.
      • I will do that, but as of now I have not received any black screen... strange
    • What version of the Xbox Series X you have?
      • How can I check this? or where?
    • Create - Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com) You can create a local user account (an offline account) for anyone who will frequently use your PC. The best option in most cases, though, is for everyone who uses your PC to have a Microsoft account. With a Microsoft account, you can access your apps, files, and Microsoft services across your devices.
      • This suggestion is that I should create a local admin user which is linked to my MS profile (not to my wife's MS profile) and then retry it. As soon as the black screen comes back i will try this. I thought about it, however I think will definitely goes away, is the notification each time i open the xbox app on the laptop, that the accounts are not the same.
    • I just want to share to you this link, this might be the source of the issue that you are having right now. Kindly check on this known issue on iOS devices. Remote play on iOS devices (Known Issue) - Microsoft Community
      • I read this, but somehow it not affects me. My iPhone still runs perfectly with the XBOX APP.
    I would suggest, that we close the thread by now, as I said in my previous note, that somehow during an overnight it got back in working... As soon as the error comes back I will post it again.

Many thanks for your help and effort here!

Cheers,

Robert
  4. hlpbob007 Win User

Hello Geri,

I did that, first I got a message that my NAT is moderate, I checked could not connect via laptop. Then I played with the ports in the network settings (manual choose port) I did not touched the Router at all until I got a NAT OPEN status.

I rerun the test, (test remote play) it was all good, still not able to connect from laptop.

I updated all apps, all windows all xbox again restart everything 3 times, still not able to connect from laptop.

I restarted again all things, still not able to connect from laptop.

Toady morning I open up the laptop, connected without any issue...

What bugs me is the following:

1) during all laptop connecting issues, the Apple iphone app worked like a charm (even the last couple of tests which i mentioned here also with moderate NAT)

2) nothing has been changed really, it was just an overnight run... and now it works... so what happened? :D

I need to further test this now, because this is the first time that the laptop works with the xbox series x consol. So please allow me some time to report back.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Robert
  5. hlpbob007 Win User

Hello Geri,

Happy New Year to you as well. Many thanks !

If needed I can share versions of xbox one and xbox series x, also versions from Windows laptop and apple IOS phones, xbox apps, etc...

Just let me know what you need.

Cheers,

Robert
  6. Geri M. Win User

Hello hlpbob007,

Happy New Year!

We appreciate for your time.

We will investigate more on this issue and get back to you as soon as we got accurate resolution.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play... - Similar Threads - Windows App selecting

2. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10): Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it. I even tried reinstalling...
  3. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  4. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  5. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  6. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  9. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  10. Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...: re-opening this thread because the issue was not resolved and I have the exact same problem except I have something to add. My X1X worked flawlessly streaming to my Win10 PC but my XSX just shows...