Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

Discus and support Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anton Lyskavets, Sep 18, 2023.

1. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is unaffected by the volume control on the actual computer.

The volume works completely fine when I connect the headset to anything via Bluetooth.

I'm not sure what to do to fix this as I can't find any solutions online, only a few people who had the same problem. It's possible for me to use the Bluetooth connection, but I'd really prefer if this wireless adapter or cable worked properly and I could adjust the volume normally.

And Headset's game/chat audio mix dial does not work on Windows 11!

Help, please!

:)

Anton Lyskavets, Sep 18, 2023
  2. Anton Lyskavets Win User

Hahaha))) Well... This problem appeared again, the adjustment on the headphones does not respond. My last actions were: updating the Nvidia video driver and updating all applications through the Microsoft Store. So it goes)
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Anton Lyskavets,

Thank you for your prompt response and my apologies for some delay on my end.

Before we proceed, we would like to set your proper expectations that the issue we are dealing with is related to audio driver and we have more experts from Windows team that can help us further. I will try some of the troubleshooting steps available and if we have already exhausted my resources, we will endorse this case to the dedicated team to get more professional help.

Since Xbox Wireless headset is connected using Xbox Wireless adapter, it is best to install the updates first then make sure to restart after installing available updates. Then we can also update the USB audio device as our second option. Make sure to check the audio after updating the first driver before proceeding update with the second driver.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Anton Lyskavets Win User

Hello! Yes, I tried to select headphones as the output device again and ran the “troubleshooter”, but this did not bring any results. It is worth noting that the headphones respond to adjustments in browsers, games, video and audio players, but the overall volume of the main Windows slider does not change. I also tried to insert headphones via cable into several other PCs, the situation is the same... Please clarify which driver you mean to update, I updated all three. When I followed the instructions, I am always prompted to choose from these drivers for each device, does my system detect them correctly? It's a pity, there is still no result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Anton Lyskavets Win User

Hello! Well, it’s a little sad that the problem has existed since January 2021. I hope your engineers will solve it after all. And don’t forget that there is another problem with the xbox wireless headset on Windows 11, which I described in the first message - the game/chat adjustment on the left ear is not working. Ok, now you know about these problems, I’m sure everything will work out for you. Thank you for trying to help me.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Anton Lyskavets,

Thank you for your prompt response.

It is just right when you connect your headset through Bluetooth, it would appear as Xbox Wireless headset while if you connect your headset using Xbox wireless adapter for Windows it would appear as Xbox controller.

By the way, did you try selecting the proper output device for your audio? Here is how:

1. Right-click the sound icon in your Taskbar.

2. Choose Open Sound settings from the menu.

3. Make sure to set Headphones as the output device.

4. Try to adjust the volume by dragging the blue bar to the left gradually and check if the volume changes.

5. You can also click on the Troubleshoot button.

Additionally, you can update the driver for your audio.

1. Open Device Manager.

2. Locate your audio device, right-click it, and choose Update driver from the menu.

3. Choose the Browse my computer for driver software option.

4. Now select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.

5. Choose Xbox Wireless Adapter and click Next.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume - Similar Threads - Windows Volume Doesn't

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  4. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  5. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  6. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  7. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  8. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  9. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  10. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031