Windows phone account and achievement syncing problems

Discus and support Windows phone account and achievement syncing problems in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; In light of the recent announcement of the closure of Windows Phone/Mobile functionality, I thought I'd try and get some of my old devices out and get... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AZT Sidewinder, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Windows phone account and achievement syncing problems

In light of the recent announcement of the closure of Windows Phone/Mobile functionality, I thought I'd try and get some of my old devices out and get back to some of the older games I hadn't finished. However, I just seem to have been met with problem after problem, and I'm semi-convinced there is some strange account error going on in the back end which makes everything I have tried utterly pointless. To summarise;

I have 4 devices - 2 from back around 2015, 2 I bought recently. An original Lumia 920 running WP8, a Lumia 735 now upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile but which was previously WP8 and 2 new phones, a Lumia 650 and 550, both running W10M.

My account is otherwise fine, I can sign in to xbox.com, smartglass, windows store, Xbox 360/One/One X/Series X. I have checked and all the games were purchased with this account (I have the receipts in my inbox) and the correct email address.

Problem 1 - on the two newer devices, I get a 'sorry, we can't sign you in. please sign in at xbox.com then start this app again' error message on every game I start up. I took off 2FA and it made no difference, and had made a shorter password already to allow getting in to the X360 console. I've never been able to get past this on the two newer phones, though if I go into Airplane Mode it does avoid the error. This leads me to think that there is a check going on against my account and for whatever reason it is failing.

Problem 2 - on the two older devices, i.e. phones I was using back around 2014-2015, these errors never show up. Instead, if an achievement pops on the W10M device I do get the banner and it sits as a notification in the Xbox Console Companion App, but then it never syncs to my profile. For the WP8 device it pops in game, but then again goes nowhere. I've waited the 72hours etc and nothing ever shows up. I have noticed that in Halo Spartan Strike, I usually get an 'not connected to Xbox Live' error, although it still has my account loaded. I'm wondering if the only reason it has my account is from a local version or something similar, which would explain why older 2 phones work and the new ones which never had my account don't.

I'm highly inclined to believe for whatever reason there is some problem with my account - but I don't know what. I've tried going through every setting I can find and nothing seems obvious, and I'm all out of ideas. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do, or am I stuffed at this point?

:)

AZT Sidewinder, Mar 1, 2022
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi AZT Sidewinder,

Windows 10 Mobile was at end of support in 2019 according to this Microsoft Support Article. This means that newer updates are unsupported on this legacy OS. Unfortunately, there is no troubleshooting we can recommend at this time.

Best Regards,

XBF Drew
  3. Bastian Reader Win User

Windows Phone 7, 8 ,8.1 and even 10 Achievements not syncing since the announcement of WP 8.1 Store Closure in December

My windows phone achievements are not syncing. The achievements pop in the game with the normal achievement notification, and the in game achievement menu shows that I have unlocked the achievement, but the achievements are not syncing with xbox (yes we
    know that windows phone games do not show up on the xbox app and only show up on the 360 achievement menu). Please help us. There are many people on Trueachievements with this problem.
  4. KinectKid333 Win User

Windows Phone 10 Achievements not syncing to Xbox Live Profiles since the update to the new Windows 10 Xbox App (November 2020)

Hello. I have the same problem. No Windows Phone achievements are syncing anymore. Please give us a fix Microsoft
  5. IntensoFOX Win User

Windows Phone 7, 8 and 8.1 Achievements Not Syncing to Xbox Live Profiles since March 2020

Since March 2020, achievements that are unlocked on windows phone 7, 8 or 8.1 will not sync to Xbox profiles. I've seen numerous people reporting that they have the same issue. That being when you unlock an achievement on windows phone 7, 8 or 8.1 it will
    unlock however won't sync to your profile. This issue also happened in October of 2019, however was resolved and achievements started syncing again throughout November 2019 - February 2020. It is now broken again and needs to be fixed.

For me I'm using a Lumia 640 running Windows 8.1 and the achievements I've earned in March and May 2020 haven't synced. Everyone has the exact same problem and it is occurring on all windows phones using 7, 8 and 8.1 os.

This a service issue, I hope it gets fixed.
    I have two Lumias, one with Windows Phone 8.1 with the Lumia 630 device and the other with Windows 10 Mobile with the Lumia 532 device, I am experiencing problems in obtaining and recording achievements, especially with Windows Phone 8.1. I hope this problem
    is resolved, so that we can finish all pending games.
  6. Shadow Kisuragi Win User

Xbox Achievements Not Syncing on Windows Phone

Initial reports are starting to show that people are having their old achievements sync, though this appears to only be for Windows 10 Mobile users right now. Anyone know if any new achievements sync, or have reports of their old achievements syncing on
    Windows Phone 8.1?
Thema:

1. Windows phone account and achievement syncing problems - Similar Threads - Windows phone account

2. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  3. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11

in XboX Insiders
    Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11: Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11. It's been going on for weeks. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  5. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  6. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]

in XBoX on Windows
    How to download Xbox clips on PC? [Windows 11 & The New Xbox App]: If you are trying to backup your Xbox clips on PC there is no first party solution right now that I am aware of. there are 3rd party resources. I haven't tried this yet but this was mentioned by a...
  8. Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to upgrade xbox wireless headset firmware from windows PC 10/11: Hello! yesterday i received my new Xbox wireless headset, but there is no way to execute a firmware upgrade. I am going to use the headset on windows PC or mobile phone, so i have to upgrade by...
  9. microsoft account wont sync after a hard reset of window 8 phone.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    microsoft account wont sync after a hard reset of window 8 phone.: for some reason after i did a reset on a window 8 HTC it wont sync my microsoft account. i cant download any new apps or games without it.i even tried creating a new one and the same message comes...
  10. - Improper and illegal app in Window phone market

in XBoX Games and Apps
    - Improper and illegal app in Window phone market: Recently a app in window phone market which authorized by Openxlive, called 口袋寵物, has reset its database. Thousands of PAID users were victimized. They asked their money back but didn't success....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlock wp8 games achievements