Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...

Discus and support Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I watch an online video through Edge and want to record the screen, via Windows logo key + ALT + R, it only records the image, not the sound. When... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael in Paris, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...

When I watch an online video through Edge and want to record the screen, via Windows logo key + ALT + R, it only records the image, not the sound. When I play the same video through Firefox, both sound and image are corrected recorded.

Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Edge Version 103.0.1264.71 (up-to-date)

Thanks for any help!

:)

Michael in Paris, Jul 25, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if played by Firefox

Nope, the short answer is No

Edge blocks this by default
  3. Michael in Paris Win User

Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if played by Firefox

I am sorry, but I don't understand your reply: can you, or can you not, record via the Game Bar the sound of the video played by Edge?
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the update
    I was trying to replicate your situation, it seems Edge using the game bar recording feature is working as expected

Probably is a functionality between Edge and Game Bar to avoid any DRM issues
  5. Michael in Paris Win User

Hello Josef,

I tried a couple of other pages (with video) - eg one randomly picked on YouTube, same phenomenon: no sound when captured in Edge, in normal or full screen mode (while I can hear the sound when the video is playing). I also tried in normal and in InPrivate mode - same: no sound.

Thanks!

Michael
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Michael

Is this happening with every page when you record Edge or only with specific pages?
Thema:

Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if...

1. Windows logo key + ALT + R doesn't record sound of video played by Edge, but does it if... - Similar Threads - Windows logo key

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  4. Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month: It would be a good option to be able to pay monthly on an Xbox to be able to use Windows and be able to install Steam or use the Xbox for productivity, paying $1.99 per month you can enter Windows...
  5. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  6. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  7. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  8. Xbox Logo Button & Share Button on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Logo Button & Share Button on Windows 11: So I bought an Xbox "Core" Controller (which seems just to be either a newer or older revision of the Xbox Series X/S Controller that comes with a USB A to USB-C cable included) and I've at a...
  9. My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox app on PC Windows 10 opens into a black screen with a white pulsing Xbox logo, the...: My Xbox app opens into a black screen with a white Xbox logo loading screen. I have left it loading for hours and it doesn't open. The app used to work fine, until this happened. I cannot access...
  10. Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've...: Cannot get xbox app on windows 11 to work, stuck on pulsing xbox logo for months now. I've tried literally everything suggested here and online for a long time with no fix at all. Just stuck on...