Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for...

Discus and support Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So this whole situation is a mess, I'll try and keep it short. I have a Windows Live email account associated with my Xbox Gamertag, which now has a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JasonGuffey, Jan 11, 2022.

1. JasonGuffey
    JasonGuffey Guest

Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for...

So this whole situation is a mess, I'll try and keep it short.

I have a Windows Live email account associated with my Xbox Gamertag, which now has a subscription to Xbox Game Pass.

My Live email is associated with a Gmail account (though NOT as an alias), so that when I need to get login tokens or single use codes, password reset codes, etc., they get sent to my Gmail. I am not sure how exactly this was set up since it was years ago, but the Gmail does NOT show up under my aliases.

I recently went through EA's own support to unlink my Xbox Gamertag from an old EA account so that I can associate my Gamertag with the EA account I actually use, but they told me to make sure that both my Xbox and EA accounts are using the same email address. Currently, my EA account is associated with my Gmail account, which, as stated above, is somehow connected to my Windows Live email account as a secondary email, but NOT under the alias system.

My question is, can I get this all to work so that my Xbox Gamertag is associated with the Gmail address or the EA account is associated with the Windows Live address? Preferably, could I just use the Gmail address for everything? As an added complication, I tried logging into the Microsoft website using my Gmail, but instead of using my Windows Live account that it is associated with, this instead made yet another Microsoft account and I want to pull my hair out.

Any help would be appreciated; this whole situation has become such a nightmare haha.

:)

JasonGuffey, Jan 11, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for Game Pass)

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

- Click in the search box on the taskbar.

- Type uac. A list of search results appears.

- Click “Change User Account Control settings”. The User Account Control Settings window appears.

- Set the UAC switch to ON.

- Click OK.

- Click Yes.

Then reinstall the EA Desktop App and try again
  3. JasonGuffey Win User

Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for Game Pass)

Thanks for the response. I now have the Windows Live account and EA account under the same email, only using the Gmail account as a backup/secondary for both, despite my preference.

However, now I'm getting the error code 0xa3e903e8 when I try to install an EA game in the Xbox app. The EA Desktop app also errors or stalls out with the message, "Uh oh, something is taking unusually long" or something close to that. Any advice on how to fix this?
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

By your description your main account is Microsoft, which is correct, you mention that you receive the verification codes in your email from Google, it seems this email is being used as security information in your Microsoft account, we usually have two email and phone number.

To confirm this click on the link below log in with your Microsoft account and then go safely to check the email if you wanted to mess and replace the email do not forget to add a number or email before removing what is there.

https://account.microsoft.com/

Another important thing is, Gamertag is associated with email and not the other way around so although you want to switch everything to Gmail the ideal is that you continue with the Microsoft account to log in to your console and keep the subscription, unless you wanted to put an Alias.
  5. Guerrero Ultimo Win User

Plants Vs Zombies GW2 open beta

I have tried the beta a little. Seemed like it would be fun with friends.

Just to update my issues with EA and my wife's account I was able to final change the emails associated with the accounts. She called back to get her Live account linked to the correct account. Now, none of the EA/Origin accounts work. And they say call
    MS to be sure her gmail is the email linked to her MS account. It is because that is the account she uses to sign in with.
  6. m00dymark Win User

New xbox - getting live sign up for children

I had two gmail addresses, one for me and one for one child. Both gmail addresses had not been associated with a windows live id. I signed up for a windows xbox live account using my gmail first then tried to add my child to xbox live. Neither of the gmail
    addresses were already registered with a windows live id initially. This did not work and this is where I hit the locale error.

Live should not be able to tell the age via a gmail account since it should not have access to any of the gmail account, its only association of the email address with a user created password. If live was trying to access the actual email account for age
    details then I would expect some sort of notice to pop up to say you need to give the password to the email account and authorise windows live to be able to access your personal details.

Unless of course live has access to email accounts via another method... and that would be a big no no wouldn't it ;-)
Thema:

1. Windows Live/Xbox Account and Associated Gmail Account (And Linking With EA Account for... - Similar Threads - Windows Live Account

2. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  3. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  4. Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover a game key which was registered with Games for Windows Live?: Microsoft ended up supporting GFWL as we know. But registration information of retail games is still being hold within their database. I registered a game several years ago. I forgot my windows...
  5. Restoring @live.nl account windows live

in XBoX Accessibility
    Restoring @live.nl account windows live: Restoring @live.nl account windows live 16e92d94-2d62-43e4-b2f3-be156874f3ca
  6. Can’t login to windows live. I lost my old cellphone and can’t use the Authenticator

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t login to windows live. I lost my old cellphone and can’t use the Authenticator: Hi there I can’t login to my windows live account. I got blocked and need help to unlock it. It’s quite urgent because, I need it to login to the Authenticator b7e51718-4d0b-4b2b-94a2-138d0ffe4475
  7. PC: Windows 11: We coudn't sign you in to Xbox Live: Access is denied.

in XBoX Accessibility
    PC: Windows 11: We coudn't sign you in to Xbox Live: Access is denied.: [img] When trying to logging to my account on Xbox App I keep getting this error: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox live Access is denied. I tried multiple troubleshoot solutions from old posts...
  8. Unable to log into Xbox Live on an specific account on Windows 10.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to log into Xbox Live on an specific account on Windows 10.: I have an local account on Windows 10 which I have been using. These days when I try log into Xbox Live, it no longer lets me log in. No error codes were shown. No official solutions worked....
  9. i cant sign in with Xbox live windows 11 i try Xbox app ,Minecraft it does not work can you...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cant sign in with Xbox live windows 11 i try Xbox app ,Minecraft it does not work can you...: won't let me sign in [img] c526926d-c3a8-40fa-8adb-b616ce61bf8b
  10. Can I move all my games and game saves to another window live account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I move all my games and game saves to another window live account?: I have two window live accounts, one for sending and receiving emails and the other is for playing xbox one. Now I want to merge my two accounts. My question is that will I be able to move all my...