windows laptop streaming to xbox one

Discus and support windows laptop streaming to xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hello im currently attempting to wirelessly stream a movie from my laptop but it keeps stopping im not sure where to post it but any help would be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PASTOR FLAPS, Jan 6, 2014.

1. PASTOR FLAPS
    PASTOR FLAPS Guest

hello im currently attempting to wirelessly stream a movie from my laptop but it keeps stopping im not sure where to post it but any help would be grateful

it basically just stops every so often i need help with it

thanks PF

:)

PASTOR FLAPS, Jan 6, 2014
  2. BetaKool4502
    BetaKool4502 Guest
    using my laptop as a monitor

The only way you can do that directly is if your laptop has an HDMI input port which most do not.

However if you have Windows 10 you can stream your Xbox to your laptop and use your Xbox One Controller if you are on the same network with both. Check that out here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming

BetaKool4502, Jan 6, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Stream/Miracast

You won't need a high spec Laptop to use the Xbox One features of Windows 10. Any PC capable of Windows 10 will be able to use those features - including Xbox game streaming. Nor will you require an expensive laptop to use iTunes and DJ software. Pretty
    much all modern laptops have HDMI out.

Obsessive Power, Jan 6, 2014
  4. Malacath
    Malacath Guest

In windows 8 you need to right-click the file in windows explorer then select play-to then select the xbox one. Although I've only ever done this with music. I've never tried it with video.

I'm not sure if this can be done in earlier versions of windows though.

It is not possible to pull files from your computer like you could on the 360. It's only possible to push files.

Malacath, Jan 7, 2014
  5. doublesit
    doublesit Guest
    thanks god everybody has windows8!

doublesit, Oct 31, 2018
  6. BetaKool4502 Win User

using my laptop as a monitor

The only way you can do that directly is if your laptop has an HDMI input port which most do not.

However if you have Windows 10 you can stream your Xbox to your laptop and use your Xbox One Controller if you are on the same network with both. Check that out here:

support.xbox.com/.../how-to-use-game-streaming
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

using my HP laptop as a tv

You need to stream your console to your laptop (Has to have Windows 10) with The Xbox Console Companion app. Start the Xbox One, then start the Console companion app, then select the connect icon on the left side of the app, and your console should show,
    just select it, and select stream, that will then stream your console to your laptop.
  8. doublesit Win User

thanks god everybody has windows8!
  9. Malacath Win User

In windows 8 you need to right-click the file in windows explorer then select play-to then select the xbox one. Although I've only ever done this with music. I've never tried it with video.

I'm not sure if this can be done in earlier versions of windows though.

It is not possible to pull files from your computer like you could on the 360. It's only possible to push files.
  10. BobcatPete Win User

Win10 Game Streaming - Not working

All,

Still looking for help on this. The "Stream" button on my Windows 10 Pro N desktop is not appearing. "Test Streaming" is the only option appearing. Xbox One app is on the latest. I have also uninstalled the app and reinstalled. The funny thing is, I am
    using a Laptop, running Windows 10 and i am able to stream to my laptop on the same network. Is there a firewall or an issue with the network? Devices all have Static IP.
Thema:

1. windows laptop streaming to xbox one - Similar Threads - windows laptop streaming

2. New laptop (Windows 11) and unwanted XBox pop-up on Start up.

in XBoX on Windows
    New laptop (Windows 11) and unwanted XBox pop-up on Start up.: I have just bought a new laptop (HP) using Windows 11. I am almost through my set-up, but have one last very annoying issue. I am not an XBox user and have uninstalled that program. But, on...
  3. I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot switch between accounts on xbox app on a new windows 11 laptop: When I go to sign out and back to sign in it goes automatically back to a different account than the one I want. Also if i take to long to press sign in then it goes back automatically. I have...
  4. rocket, black screen, crash xbox game cloud ios 17, iphone 14 pro/laptop windows/iphone...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    rocket, black screen, crash xbox game cloud ios 17, iphone 14 pro/laptop windows/iphone...: Good afternoon! such a problem, I go to play fortnite, click play, the rocket flies, flies, black screen (30 sec-1 min) and flies back to the main menu, what should I do, friends?? I tried...
  5. After purchasing this laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 11, I got Xbox Ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After purchasing this laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 11, I got Xbox Ultimate...: Basically the title. After purchasing this laptop that came preinstalled with Windows 11, I got Xbox Ultimate for 3 months (yes I know, new information) and it (hopefully) was on my account, the 3...
  6. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  7. my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox app on my windows 11 laptop isnt working: i just bought this laptop and the xbox app is giving me "0x80073cf9" and "0x80070490" errors . any solution ? 3cf81404-d62b-4eba-b197-8d50fa81eb7e
  8. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12
  9. Replaced Motherboard on my Samsung laptop running windows 8

in XBoX on Consoles
    Replaced Motherboard on my Samsung laptop running windows 8: Hello I replaced my Motherboard on my Samsung laptop running windows 8 and now I cannot do anything on windows it is giving me errors. What do I need to do? 60ecd3c5-2428-4e76-9e58-45e80b43ed3a
  10. how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?

in XBoX on Windows
    how to connect xbox one to hp stream laptop window 8?: help me figure how to connect xbox one to laptop pc? 0302c13e-70b3-455f-bc9f-2fc81b792835