Windows gaming preview feature - Xbox Game Pass "Advanced Management Features" not showing

Discus and support Windows gaming preview feature - Xbox Game Pass "Advanced Management Features" not showing in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; At the moment I'm trying to access the Advanced Management Features in the Xbox app to change a game's install folder (for modding purposes). I've... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Grimmers96, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Windows gaming preview feature - Xbox Game Pass "Advanced Management Features" not showing

At the moment I'm trying to access the Advanced Management Features in the Xbox app to change a game's install folder (for modding purposes). I've joined the insider preview and updated the app (versions below), but I can't find the option anywhere.

Any ideas how I can get this functionality working?

Xbox App 2212.1001.36.0

Gaming Services 8.71.12001.0

submitted by /u/Grimmers96
    [link] [comments]

/u/Grimmers96, Dec 7, 2022
  2. WakiMak Win User

Xbox asks me to "Change your install options in Profile" even though I have a lot of space

The above issue occurred on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.

I was able to "fix" the issue by unenrolling from Xbox Insider Hub's Windows Gaming. I then uninstalled the Xbox app. I restarted my machine. I then re-enrolled back in the Windows Gaming Preview. I reinstalled the Xbox App. I still had the same error, so I unchecked the option to "Ask me for install options on every install." Game Pass Games now install as normal rather than the advanced options under C:\Xbox Games.

Identifying the issue was seeing the option "This game supports advanced management features." on the 7 games that were already installed.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire

In conclusion,

I believe this is some sort of Xbox Insider Hub Preview issue with the Xbox App because the 7 games were installed without the option of C:\Xbox Games that I had prior to reloading Windows 11.
  3. PalmettoBling Win User

Why can't I change the security permissions of this game from the Xbox gamepass?

Sometimes in the Xbox App, if you "Manage" the game, it'll sometimes have the option to say "This game supports advanced Management Features" and has the option to enable that. It'll then move the game to a folder that does have modifiable permissions that aren't possible in generally installed Windows Store apps. Does it show that option under Manage for the game in question?
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

ARM64 processor

ARM processors are designed for low power, portable devices, the exact opposite of gaming. It’s meant for utility, not for gaming. The processor that runs the offline features like managing downloads on the Xbox consoles is ARM

EDIT Windows 11 is adding support for the Amazon App Store, so it’s possible you can run that version of Minecraft in the future, as those are based on ARM. The feature is still in preview

You won’t see anything that requires advanced processing features on it, and very few I’d any games. These are supposed to compete with Chromebooks in educational settings. Xcloud needs certain things supported in the hardware to mitigate lag.

I highly recommend you return or sell it if games are important to you, and purchase an AMD or Intel based laptop or desktop
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Cannot change game install location in Xbox App. Every single install goes to the WindowsApps folder.

Hi Zephire14! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Apps are required to be in that folder in order to work and in any drive you want to install games the folder will be created to install the games, if you wanna modify the files in the folder you have to take ownership of the folder, you can do that following this steps
    That's going to be changing very soon. In fact, users can easily sign up to be an insider for the Xbox App and test out the new up-coming installation features that will eventually be available to all users by default.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows

Without enabling the advanced install features, the default install folder is the encrypted 'WindowsApps' folder. This folder is encrypted and protected, changing the ownership will have no effect on this.

The insiders advanced features option can install supported games to any directory, and unlike the WindowsApps folder, these directories are not protected. Supported games are ones where 'Administration approval required for installation' is listed on the download screen.
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

XBNE backwards compatibility FALLOUT 3

Hey everyone!

If you are participating in the Preview Program and are running into issues playing games that are currently available for the backwards compatibility feature, you will need to make a post in the Xbox
    One Preview Forums for further assistance. Thanks in advance!
Thema:

Windows gaming preview feature - Xbox Game Pass "Advanced Management Features" not showing

1. Windows gaming preview feature - Xbox Game Pass "Advanced Management Features" not showing - Similar Threads - Windows gaming preview

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  4. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  5. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  6. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  8. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  9. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  10. Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories

in XboX Insiders
    Joined windows gaming preview, can't use updated xbox accessories: I recently bought an Xbox elite controller and wanted to use the paddles as keyboard keys for forza horizon 5, however that's only an option for inside members, luckily I've been one for the past...