Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Discus and support Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording. For more details check out this thread on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

Many times I forget to unmute at start-up of recording; the result is that I have to squander my recording.

For more details check out this thread on Reddit -

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/dly0qh/xbox_game_bar_bug_microphone_is_always_muted/

:)

Rahul Ludhani, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

Hello Draalok,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. Yanyannnn Win User

Game Bar doesn't record microphone unless I mute and unmute it again

Hello Draalok,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you fix your issue with Xbox Game bar. Just a reminder, we are not able to double check your account and device here manually since we do not have the option to. No worries, we do have some troubleshooting steps here that we may try.

Before proceeding, I need to know more details so that we can get the best possible troubleshooting for you.

-May I know what was the last changes/updates you made on your end before the issue occurred?
    - Is everything completely working before?
    -Are you getting any error message?

Basing on the statement you provided above, here are some troubleshooting steps that you may try:

Enable Xbox Game Bar via Settings

1. Press Win + I key and launch Windows Settings
    2. Click the Gaming tab in the left pane and select Xbox Game Bar
    3. Toggle the button next to Open Xbox Game Bar to “On
    4. Reboot the system to apply changes and then launch Xbox Game Bar

Repair or Reset Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + I key to launch Windows Settings
    2. Click Apps > Apps & features
    3. Search for “Xbox Game Bar” in the search box and hit Enter
    4. Next, click the three-dot > Advanced options
    5. Select Repair. If this does not do anything, select Reset

Use Registry Editor

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type regedit and then press Enter
    3. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR
    4. Look for the AppCatureEnabled key. If you cannot find it, right-click on the space > New > DROWD (32 bit) Value. Name it as AppCaptureEnabled > double-click and set value data to 1.
    5. Try to use Xbox Game Bar and see if issue is resolved

Repair the ieframe.dll file

1. In the search bar, type Command Prompt > right-click > Run as administrator
    2. Type in the following commands. Ensure that you press Enter after entering each command:
      • sfc /scanfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • sfc /verifyfile=c:\windows\system32\ieframe.dll
      • assoc
      • sfc /scannow
    3. Restart your PC and see if Xbox Game Bar is working

Use Local Group Policy Editor to Enable Xbox Game Bar

1. Press Win + R to open the Run window
    2. Type gpedit.msc and press Enter
    3. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting
    4. You will see Enables or Disables Windows Game Recording and Broadcasting in the right pane. Double click on it and select Enabled
    5. Click Apply > Ok to save changes

Hope I helped! Please do not hesitate to ask if you have further concerns.

YanYannn
      Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. MasterMc1 Win User

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and Doesn't Record All Computer Sounds

Click on sound and remain in the playback tab click on speaker and open its properties by clicking below. Navigate to the levels tab and turn off the muted button it's active and use the slider to turn on the microphone to at least 75.
  5. schnurren Win User

6. SwissxPiplup Win User

Hi there,

Thank you for responding, and I'm sorry for the late reply. I'm not quite following your instructions as there's no starting point, where would I find sound? Would I go to settings first? Or can I find it through the game bar overlay?
    [​IMG]
Thema:

Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I...

1. Windows Game Bar Starts Muted and doesn't Record; by default, it is always muted unless I... - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  4. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  5. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  6. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  7. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  8. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  9. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  10. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...