Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space

Discus and support Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to download Forza (132GB), and was hit with error code 0x80070070. Initially, the game was trying to be downloaded on my C drive, which... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jay LANSKY, May 21, 2023.

1. Jay LANSKY
    Jay LANSKY Guest

Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space

I was trying to download Forza (132GB), and was hit with error code 0x80070070. Initially, the game was trying to be downloaded on my C drive, which didnt have enough space (only had about 93GB on free storage), so in my settings i redirected it to my E drive (my external hard drive) with 1.4tb of free storage, still didnt work. then, i tried with the C drive with 1tb of spare storage, and still wouldnt work. what do i do? I cant download it anywhere even with enough space

I asked around and someone told me that there was a bug within microsoft game store that when downloading to a disk that is not C disk, it will still cache to C, so if theres not enough disk storage in C, it will prevent the app from downloading.

:)

Jay LANSKY, May 21, 2023
  2. Jay LANSKY Win User

I cant seem to find the options youre telling me to look for; im clicking my profile from the xbox store, pressing settings, but i can only see a menu for "Account, General, Notifications, Audio, Cloud gaming, Remote installation, Accessibility, and about", but no Apps and features, and Advanced options. Would you give some more insight please? Thanks!

And to answer your first question, I havent tried downloading anything else yet
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Yes, they are definitely both connect most especially when you play games from the Microsoft store that will use Xbox server and log in. You can also try installing the game from the Xbox app.
  4. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help on your game installation.

If I may ask, are you having problems installing other games as well or is this the only game not installing?

Let's do some basic steps first to refresh the Xbox app and store.

Click Start and click Settings; Select Apps & features. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options. Click Reset then also click repair.

Once done, please do this:

Click Start and search for wsreset, right click then open as admin, wait for the store to load up again.

Once done, restart your PC then try again please.
  5. Jay LANSKY Win User

Okay, so, I took a different approach.

I went to the Xbox app, (after following your instructions) went to settings > general > game install options, and set "change where this app installs games by default" and set it to a disk with space.

I tried earlier, and it wouldn't work; i had to cancel the current installation and download it again for it to work.

Thank you so much, Ronnie!
  6. Jay LANSKY Win User

So, I did everything you said; Went to my PC settings, searched for the xbox app, restarted and repaired, then opened up the Run app, put in WSrestart.exe, restarted my pc, but it still wont download.

Edit: there was no option for opening as admin for Run
Thema:

1. Windows error code 0x80070070 while trying to download Forza 5 with enough disk space - Similar Threads - Windows error code

2. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  3. Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 0x80070520 attempting to sign into Hitman: World of Assassinations on Windows 11...: Simply, whenever I try to sign in to the Hitman title screen, I get "We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live. Sorry, something went wrong. Try again in a while. (0x80070520)" I have tried so many...
  4. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  5. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc: We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the...
  6. windows mixed reality error code 1-8

in XBoX on Windows
    windows mixed reality error code 1-8: hello. I have a lenovo explorer vr headset that I am trying to connect to my pc via windows mixed reality. The vr headset has all the appropriate connections and all my pc drivers are updated....
  7. 0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11: I just downloaded a game on Xbox app now while downloading a new game 0xd05e0125 this is coming up. Microsoft please help 51fd6a32-b672-4b28-b767-e21084974224
  8. Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error code 20152945121 when trying to launch Microsoft flight simulator through windows store: Hi, I hope everyone is well, when trying to launch Microsoft flight sim to install the full game I get the error code file system error 20152945121 and I’ve tried so many ways to avoid it but I...
  9. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  10. how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do I fix the error code 0x87DD0005? (Minecraft Windows 10 Edition): for a bit of backtracking, i've been mysteriously signed out of my xbox live account on my computer, all i wanted was to play minecraft windows 10 like i usually do, but it will not let me sign...