Windows Defender blocking my save files

Discus and support Windows Defender blocking my save files in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, hoping someone can help me. Previously when Windows has blocked saved files from being created it has been easy to click the pop-up and permit... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by georgyboss, Jun 30, 2022.

  1. georgyboss
    georgyboss Guest

    Windows Defender blocking my save files


    Hi, hoping someone can help me.

    Previously when Windows has blocked saved files from being created it has been easy to click the pop-up and permit access to the folder in Windows Security. However, now when I try to create a save file and the pop up from windows security appears when I click it I'm taken to a screen that says No recent actions, there's no longer the option of granting permission. Is the pop-up taking me to the wrong settings, am I being dumb?

    Please help!!

    Thank you,

    Ralph


    Windows Defender blocking my save files [​IMG]


    :)
     
    georgyboss, Jun 30, 2022
    #1
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

    Windows Defender blocking my save files

    Hello, georgyboss. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

    You can allow an app to run without it being blocked by Windows. It's also called "whitelist" an app.

    Open Windows Security by searching it on the search bar or by clicking on it on the taskbar. Click Virus and threat protection.

    Click Manage ransomware protection and Allow an app. Search for DragonAgeInquisition.exe (and any other file you want) and add it to the whitelist.

    You can also disable this feature if you want.

    See if this helps and please let me know.
  3. TezUshi Win User

    Windows Defender detected a Trojan while instaling Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox App

    Wanted to add that I can't do anything with a this file from windows defender panel any action don't work, and when I deleted a file by myself It still show that I have this file on my computer, but when I go to a file location (from windows defender) a file don't exists
  4. Janet Tan1 Win User

    Is my minecraft missing files?

    I've found out that windows defender was blocking some of the systems and minecraft works after allowing them in the defender. Tysm!
  5. KeyStream27 Win User

    Is my minecraft missing files?

    I have the same issue, but my windows defender doesnt block anything, I've updated my windows and reinstalled the game multiple times and still the same issue.
  6. Pogue McManus Win User

    Windows Media center problem

    Have you checked to make sure the ports and program are not blocked via the Firewall or windows defender?
Thema:

Windows Defender blocking my save files

Loading...
  1. Windows Defender blocking my save files - Similar Threads - Windows Defender blocking

  2. September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 25, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 25,...
  3. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  4. Windows insider programme: asus rog

    in XboX Insiders
    Windows insider programme: asus rog: Hi guys, any help would be great. Im currently on experimental - future platforms on my asus rog. Im looking for the most advanced setup so I can do the most for insider. Hopefully earning an...
  5. Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows

    in XboX Insiders
    Why can’t Microsoft reliably report Xbox controller battery level on Windows: I’ve had this issue for years and I genuinely don’t understand how something this basic still hasn’t been fixed. I own five Xbox Wireless Controllers (Model 1914) and all five have the same...
  6. July 30, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.17.0] Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 30, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.17.0] Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 30, 2026 -...
  7. July 24, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.11.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 24, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.11.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 24, 2026 -...
  8. July 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.7.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 22, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.7.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 22, 2026 -...
  9. July 20, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 20, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.4.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 20, 2026 -...
  10. July 17, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.3.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    July 17, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox PC App [2608.1001.3.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the Xbox PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: July 17, 2026 -...