windows cannot access the specified device path or file

Discus and support windows cannot access the specified device path or file in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i get this error whenever i try to open "dead by daylight windows" [img] and i tried to stop the antivirus and it didn't work out... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by omar khaled1, Mar 24, 2023.

1. omar khaled1
    omar khaled1 Guest

i get this error whenever i try to open "dead by daylight windows"

windows cannot access the specified device path or file [​IMG]

and i tried to stop the antivirus and it didn't work out

:)

omar khaled1, Mar 24, 2023
  2. Dericka Win User

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Let's try to troubleshoot. Please follow the steps here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/usi...

Then please restart your PC and try it again. Thanks!
  3. Sinpi79 Win User

Problem with Microsoft Store and Xbox app from PC

Only "Cannot access the specified device, path or file. It is likely that you do not have permissions necessary"
  4. Mythic Sandman Win User

Can't open games

5. Kathy A. Win User

FORZA HORIZON 5 Load failed error

6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Problem with Microsoft Store and Xbox app from PC

Thanks for the feedback, on Zombie Army 4 is this the error that appears?

0x000004c7 or "Cannot access the specified device, path or file. It is likely that you do not have permissions necessary"?
Thema:

1. windows cannot access the specified device path or file - Similar Threads - windows cannot access

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Xbox Controller cannot disable taking screenshots: I cannot find the setting to disable the functionality of the Xbox controller taking a screenshot when I press the button. I use that button for steam screenshots so it is very annoying that a...
  4. I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message: We weren't able to...: I cannot install Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC? I get this message from Windows 11: "We weren't able to install the app (0x80073CF6)" 31635452-d5bb-429e-a940-28a80cf9fb78
  5. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  6. Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign in to Xbox app (PC), sign in window immediately closes itself: So when I try to sign in, the sign in window opens and then closes almost immediately. I saw a post on this sub from someone with the same problem from a couple years ago, and their solution was...
  7. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  8. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  9. Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into anything xbox/windows related such as the xbox app and where the issue...: Error Code: 0x80004005 code: Eroded Badlands. A file that the Windows Product Activation (WPA) requires is damaged or missing. Please reboot, verify system permissions, and make sure your...
  10. Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox error "windows cannot access the specified device Error while trying to open games": Hello sir, i can't play games at xbox windows and get notification error : Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the...