Windows 8 and XB1 family safety

Discus and support Windows 8 and XB1 family safety in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Having spent some time setting up my Windows 8 PC's with Microsoft Family Safety so that my kids only access appropriate content within permitted times... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by swin, Jan 1, 2014.

1. swin
    swin Guest

Having spent some time setting up my Windows 8 PC's with Microsoft Family Safety so that my kids only access appropriate content within permitted times I'm struggling to find out how to do the same on our XBOX ONE.

Do kids have to have a Microsoft account to be able to join the XB1 family? In Windows 8 they do not.

It would make sense to me that Microsoft Family Safety covered both products.

:)

swin, Jan 1, 2014
  2. Xbox App in Windows 8 Consumer Preview - New Account Made; Cannot Access Existing One

You need to make a new account on Windows 8 completely by going to Control Panel > User Accounts & Family Safety > User Accounts

You sadly can't just sign out.

The Little Moa-5265A9CE-67C9-4A95-995A-CFFBF076F5E, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Changing Parent Account from Aunt's email to Mother's email for a childs account

I actually just did this with my daughters account... go to this website: Account.Live.Com and sign in with the parent account currently tied to the child account.

Once your signed in, On the left, click RELATED ACCOUNTS (It may try sending you a code to verify the account, choose the best option, retrieve the code and continue)

Next, Click MANAGE PERMISSIONS

Click VISIT THE FAMILY SAFETY WEBSITE

Now at the very top in the blue, its going to say add parent. There you can add another email address (which they will need to confirm with a code)

If you need any more help, refer to this website:
    windows.microsoft.com/.../set-up-family-safety

I know this was an old post but it took me forever to find this so I figured Id share since I past your post in the process =)

ii EnCh4nTeD ii, Jan 1, 2014
  4. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Hey there Ink!

I suggest taking a look at our
    Manage Privacy and Online Safety for Xbox One
    support article.
    It has lots of great tips on what family settings, etc you have options to on the Xbox One console.

Let us know if you have any questions. ^_^

Mister Cerb, Jan 2, 2014
  5. Mister Cerb Win User

Hey there Ink!

I suggest taking a look at our
    Manage Privacy and Online Safety for Xbox One
    support article.
    It has lots of great tips on what family settings, etc you have options to on the Xbox One console.

Let us know if you have any questions. ^_^
  6. The Little Moa-5265A Win User

Xbox App in Windows 8 Consumer Preview - New Account Made; Cannot Access Existing One

You need to make a new account on Windows 8 completely by going to Control Panel > User Accounts & Family Safety > User Accounts

You sadly can't just sign out.
  7. xPsycoticBreakx Win User

What will the price be for project spark?

vG GHOSTS,isnt it m8,it seems completely backwrds..windows 8 laptop,check.knowing this doesnt it make you think it wont be soley on the xb1,as the xb1 is pretty exactly the same runnings as windows 8 anyway,could it end up the majority is done on a pc and
    majority played on xb1?
  8. ii EnCh4nTeD ii Win User

Changing Parent Account from Aunt's email to Mother's email for a childs account

I actually just did this with my daughters account... go to this website: Account.Live.Com and sign in with the parent account currently tied to the child account.

Once your signed in, On the left, click RELATED ACCOUNTS (It may try sending you a code to verify the account, choose the best option, retrieve the code and continue)

Next, Click MANAGE PERMISSIONS

Click VISIT THE FAMILY SAFETY WEBSITE

Now at the very top in the blue, its going to say add parent. There you can add another email address (which they will need to confirm with a code)

If you need any more help, refer to this website:
    windows.microsoft.com/.../set-up-family-safety

I know this was an old post but it took me forever to find this so I figured Id share since I past your post in the process =)
  9. Upinya Slayin Win User

Real windows 10 os on Xbox(is it possible?)

XB1 runs 3 OS's as it is. windows 8, Xbox OS, and a 3rd to manage the other 2. upgrading it to windows 10 would be easy as it overwrites the windows 8 portion (and probably updates the OS that handles the 2) without any issue.
Thema:

1. Windows 8 and XB1 family safety - Similar Threads - Windows XB1 family

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  4. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  5. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  6. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  7. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  8. PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox app stopped showing party invites. Forcing us to use Windows Game Bar?: The kids and I have been using the Xbox app across three PCs for voice chat for Minecraft for a few years. It stopped working recently, but in my efforts to troubleshoot it, I found all the fixes...
  9. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  10. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031