Windows 11 Xbox Gamebar is missing the social feature (friends list, chat)?

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox Gamebar is missing the social feature (friends list, chat)? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but the Xbox Gamebar on Windows 11 is missing most of the features, like social? There is only the Game Capture and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/scrubling, Oct 28, 2021.

1. /u/scrubling
    /u/scrubling Guest

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, but the Xbox Gamebar on Windows 11 is missing most of the features, like social? There is only the Game Capture and Audio functions. When i try to sign into the gamebar it redirects me to the Xbox Companion app in the windows store.

This can't be right.

submitted by /u/scrubling
    [link] [comments]

/u/scrubling, Oct 28, 2021
  2. M O N S T FI z Win User

Updated the Gamebar can't start party's anymore

Ok thats what I thought but I dont realy understand the decision.

First of all: Wich App should I use now? The Xbox App or the Gamebar? There are two Apps installed on Windows that have the xbox Party Feature and both of them are lacking in different Features. In the beginning I used the Xbox App, but than oneday all Party
    and Game Invitations only appeared for the Xbox Game Bar even when it was disabld in Windows-Settings. That made me switch to the Gamebar. In the Gamebar i was missing Features like seeing who is in a friends party and they adde back a private Voice chat like
    on Xbox 360 wich made zero sense. on the Xbox App on the other hand I cant see my friends beeing in a party in the friendlist anymore, also it has no voice overlay and as I mentioned before I get all the Invites for the Game bar even if disabled.

Edit: Also I wanted to mention its still possible to start partys with the xbox app on PC, Smartphone and tablet so why removing the feature for PC players from the Gamebar?
  3. Mae Sev. Win User

Purchased Forza 5 on Steam but isn't showing up on Xbox App

Oh, thank you for the quick update, Harry_756 and for your kind words.

Since you are looking for a game using our platform, how about you try this?

Try enabling Xbox Game Bar on your device.

• It helps you stay connected to the Xbox community when you're playing and chatting with friends on Windows pc.
    • To use Xbox Social features, sign in with your Microsoft account.
      • Press the windows logo key + G to open Game Bar, choose settings > account, select sign-in, and then follow the steps.
    • Once successful, you can find friends to play and chat, resume conversations, and look for more friends and use looking for group feature.

Use Xbox game bar to play and chat with friends

You can also try customizing Xbox Game Bar on Windows device. You can check on this link: Customize Xbox Game Bar on Windows devices

It is important to note as well that joining clubs and creating groups can be done using Xbox console, if we gamers wanted to take advantage of this feature, we can proceed and enable Xbox Game Bar for our windows pc.

Join a Club | Xbox Support

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Microsoft Community
  4. XBF George L Win User

Performance Tab on gamebar is missing

Hey Sengutso!

Sounds like you are having GameBar issues! Take a look at our Gamebar support articles:

Troubleshoot Game Bar on Windows 10

Keep in mind with updates sometimes certain features are made unavailable. This may not be the case in this instance but it is a possibility.

Let me know if this helps
  5. BOS Nuka Knight Win User

Can I add friends from Windows PC to my Xbox account? We want to Cross Platform Play

Hello Rosariaodf,

To add Friends thru xbox press the xbox button to bring up the guide. Tab over to the Friends tab and at the bottom will be a “Find Someone”. Enter your PC xbox gamertag, must match exactly, select the profile and add friend.

To add a friend using Gamebar on Pc here is a link that gives you the steps to do so.

Happy gaming!
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

How to map screen record/screenshot to Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller on PC?

the share button on xbox controllers will only work in windows 11 for gamebar. this has been purposely done.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox Gamebar is missing the social feature (friends list, chat)? - Similar Threads - Windows Gamebar missing

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  4. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  5. When will the gamebar for windows be updated?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will the gamebar for windows be updated?: I am using an official xbox one controller with official battery pack and it doesnt show battery percentage just says HID compliant battery critical! Please dont say buy a dongle. That is...
  6. gamebar problems windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gamebar problems windows 10: when i enable the gamebar on windows 10, all of my things screw up, i noticed it in the game, i pressed wasd to move (duh) but it kept bringing up the search bar, notifications and stuff, it kept...
  7. Xbox controller not opening xbox gamebar on windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller not opening xbox gamebar on windows 11: I have followed everything from this question and still nothing is working. Has anyone been able to figure out how to fix this issue? Id like to record clips quickly but i cant without this...
  8. Why doesn't xbox gamebar open on Windows?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't xbox gamebar open on Windows?: On Windows, my xbox gamebar doesn't open with any hotkeys and nothing online has helped. It also doesn't open through the Microsoft Store or anything normal way. 7b14cd30-aadd-44e1-bfff-9af6eedee8fe
  9. Xbox gamebar screenshot crushing windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamebar screenshot crushing windows: I was already extremely disappointed that they toxically got rid of the option to hide screenshot notifications, and now, a smooth-running game sometimes lags whenever I screenshot, sometimes...
  10. Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamebar on win 11 turns on my microphone whenever I look at another window: Hi. Today I upgraded to win 11. I use gamebar to record my classes and I noticed that whenever I switch to another window the microphone's recording gets turned on. This happens either using...