Windows 11 Xbox Game App Cannot Launch Games from Secondary Drive

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox Game App Cannot Launch Games from Secondary Drive in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've downloaded some new games using GamePass onto my secondary internal SSD and was attempting to play them. When hitting "play" the cursor changes as... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cytozen, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Cytozen
    Cytozen Guest

I've downloaded some new games using GamePass onto my secondary internal SSD and was attempting to play them. When hitting "play" the cursor changes as if it's loading for a second, then nothing. Nothing ever opens, no error's are shown. Other apps games are installed on the same SSD and some other Xbox Game Pass games are installed on my primary (CWindows 11 Xbox Game App Cannot Launch Games from Secondary Drive :) drive and they all function as intended, so I know it's not the drive and it's limited to the Xbox Games downloaded to the secondary drive only.

Before I get the same answers as the 10 ways I've already tried, I'm going to go through the different things I've done.
    1) I've tried restarting.
    2) I've deleted and reinstalled the games.
    3) I've ensured my computer is updated with all recommended updates, including current Windows 11 version.

4) I've uninstalled Gaming Services and reinstalled using Windows Powershell (as an admin).
    5) I've deleted and reinstalled the Gaming Services / Network registries, then reinstalled.

6) I've cleared the entire folder on the secondary drive and attempted to reinstall the games, after doing all steps recommended above. (Also, it's ridiculous that multiple third party game store developers: I.E. EA, Steam, Ubisoft, Epic Games, etc, have successfully developed their applications to be able to identify already installed games when the install route is to the folder with their already installed games, and yet Microsoft, on it's own operating system, can't figure it out in 3 years.)
    7) I've attempted to repair/reset Gaming Services multiple times.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this problem?

:)

Cytozen, Jul 2, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Yeah, I understand that, this is why I put it at the end.

Also, you could try running SFC tool to see if there are some system corruptions and repair it :
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also, a new idea came to my mind, this is create a new partition (don't forget to format is as NTFS) and install a game there to see if that makes the trick

In the meantime feel free to try one by one and take your time

I hope one of these works for you (without using the 4 option)
  3. Cytozen Win User

I appreciate that suggestion, but I'm leaving a complete wipe to my last option. I've already had to do a complete wipe 3 times over the last 4 years and it's unacceptable that Microsoft is still releasing buggy updates.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Cytozen

I'm thinking couple options more to try on your PC:

1. Try uninstalling the most recent windows update, just in case it is the one that is causing conflicts

2. If you're on Windows 11, downgrade to 10 and try again. Or do the opposite case if you're able to upgrade to 11.

3. Perform a clean boot keeping games and files on your actual Windows version, in that way you're going to have a clean installation of windows system.

4. (The hardest one) perform a clean Windows installation using a Bootable USB drive

For all these options, in the link below you can see steps:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/rec...
  5. Natlivings Win User

games on xbox app wont work

It's just like that, I'm having the same issue, I've formatted the drive, and a fresh windows 11 installation, any game from game pass won't launch.
  6. HENNOUSWALID Win User

Halo infinite is not launching

The path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point
    Discus and support The path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When launching the Halo Beta, I get the error: the path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point. This is on windows 11. Game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by proximix, Today at 5:12 AM.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox Game App Cannot Launch Games from Secondary Drive - Similar Threads - Windows Game App

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  5. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  8. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  9. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11 Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapter Headset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jack Dolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually...
  10. THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming: I have ULTIMATE XBOX GAME PASS and running xbox app under windows 11.. when I start a game it says no controller connected...despite My PC being able to see the wheel and pedals and I have checked...