Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on my gaming laptop, since updating to Windows 11 however, game installs and more specifically, GamePass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by hoosiercub, Dec 4, 2021.

1. hoosiercub
    hoosiercub Guest

I am trying to install Forza Horizon 5 on my gaming laptop, since updating to Windows 11 however, game installs and more specifically, GamePass installs; must be done through the Xbox App, no longer in the Microsoft Store.

First issue, is I'm unable to 'Sign In' to my Xbox app, I have uninstalled/reinstalled, updated, and even removed and reinstalled GameServices manually. Every option results in the same issue. I was at some point signed in, it then changed upon a close or reboot of the PC, but even before not being able to sign in there was another issue.
    Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues [​IMG]

Whether signed in, or not - I am unable to actually install any game from the Xbox app, apps install just fine from the Microsoft Store. Unfortunately all games are now forced to route through the Xbox App. Here is a screenshot of what the screen looks like after pressing the install button.
    Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues [​IMG]

:)

hoosiercub, Dec 4, 2021
  2. WakiMak Win User

Xbox asks me to "Change your install options in Profile" even though I have a lot of space

The above issue occurred on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.

I was able to "fix" the issue by unenrolling from Xbox Insider Hub's Windows Gaming. I then uninstalled the Xbox app. I restarted my machine. I then re-enrolled back in the Windows Gaming Preview. I reinstalled the Xbox App. I still had the same error, so I unchecked the option to "Ask me for install options on every install." Game Pass Games now install as normal rather than the advanced options under C:\Xbox Games.

Identifying the issue was seeing the option "This game supports advanced management features." on the 7 games that were already installed.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire

In conclusion,

I believe this is some sort of Xbox Insider Hub Preview issue with the Xbox App because the 7 games were installed without the option of C:\Xbox Games that I had prior to reloading Windows 11.
  3. Keir Guild Win User

Can’ launch Game Pass Games from PC (Error 0x80004005)

Hi Georges,

Thanks for trying to help.

I am on Windows 11 and everything is up to date, both windows, the Xbox App and all the games.

I have verified and repaired all games. I have deleted and reinstalled the Xbox App. I have downloaded a windows 11 iso file and performed an inline install (I.e a complete reinstall of windows 11 but keeping apps and files). None of it has resolved this issue
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox series x controller work with Windows 11

Of course. Why not.

The Xbox app Game Pass App is going to come pre-installed on Windows 11, and Microsft want users to connect their controllers trouble free to the new OS.

The biggest issue would be to check if your PC is compatible for Windows 11, not your controllers.

In any event, Win 11 won't suddenly make Win 10 obsolete.
  5. LokeshDokara Win User

All text is bug_me in Injustice 2

I am playing on Windows 11 PC. Installed the game using Xbox App.
  6. hoosiercub Win User

Unfortunately, the same result.

I'm going to go buy the game on Steam and not buy games through Microsoft anymore if I can help it.

Thank you for your efforts!
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox App Game Install Issues - Similar Threads - Windows App Game

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  5. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  6. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes upon opening on Windows 10: I recently tried reinstalling the Xbox app on Windows 10 and I have not been able to get the app to fully launch no matter what I do. I have tried every fix I can find on the internet but nothing...
  7. Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC App Crashes Immediately on Windows 10: Xbox app started crashing after windows update here is event viewer ib xml format - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Application...
  8. cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app

in XboX Insiders
    cant find windows gaming program on insider hub app: any reason the "windows gaming program" isnt showing up on my hub? currently trying to link my xbox to my pc while streaming so i can use obs studios, windows 11 submitted by...
  9. Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Dolby Atmos app with Xbox Controller 3.5mm headphones stuttering in games only: Windows 11 Xbox Controller connected via the xbox wireless adapter Headset connected via the controller's 3.5mm jack Dolby Atmos enabled for headphones There is audio stuttering in visually...
  10. THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    THRUSTMASTER T80 wheel and pedals and XBOX app under Windows 11 cloud gaming: I have ULTIMATE XBOX GAME PASS and running xbox app under windows 11.. when I start a game it says no controller connected...despite My PC being able to see the wheel and pedals and I have checked...