Windows 11 Xbox App Error Code 0x80070002

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox App Error Code 0x80070002 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to download "ANYTHING" using the Xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 but nothing I try to download will actually download. The game attempts to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SpatialPig, May 18, 2023.

1. SpatialPig
    SpatialPig Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to download "ANYTHING" using the Xbox app on Windows 11 22H2 but nothing I try to download will actually download. The game attempts to download by showing up in the downloader in the app but it is stuck at 0% and eventually says Error 0% (see error details) and when I click on this it says to try again later.

I have tried the following games:

MS Flight Sim

Age of Empires Definitive Edition

Expeditions Rome

and more - you get the idea - nothing downloads.

I have followed so many different videos and support reports but still nothing works. The things I have tried is:

Uninstall / Reinstall the Xbox App

Uninstall / Reinstall Gaming Services

If I install games from EA it works and shows up in the Xbox app so the problem is sitting with the Xbox app. I have an active Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

I have no idea why this is failing and no idea how to fix this.

Please help!!

Thanks

:)

SpatialPig, May 18, 2023
  2. qixass Win User

Error installing MS Flight Sim through Xbox Game Pass (Win11) - Error 0x80070002

3. SpatialPig Win User

Hi Kimmy,

Sorry for the delay - work and all!!

So I have looked at updates and everything is up to date. This is a brand new install of Windows 11 already so I have the latest installed using the Media Tool.

I also ran the powershell command then restarted the PC but it still has the same error.

This is beyond ridiculous to get this fixed - surely others are having the same issue?

Cheers
  4. SpatialPig Win User

Hi Kimmy,

Thanks for the reply. All is well here and hope you are doing well as well.

On to your response.

I have logged out and back into both the MS Store and Xbox app using the same email address and I still receive the same error code. I had previously done this as I found a video saying to try this as a potential fix but it didn't work for me unfortunately.

Thanks

Craig
  5. SpatialPig Win User

Hi Mike-Brown,

Thanks for the information. When I try your solution I get another error message when trying to create the subfolder under WpSystem!! This time I get:

0x80070539: The security ID structure is invalid

Got me beat this one!! I just wanted to install a game!!

Thanks anyway mate - I guess I'm better off cancelling my Xbox Ultimate as it is just wasting money now.

Cheers
  6. SpatialPig Win User

Hi tr1pod,

I have moved my user folder to D drive so maybe this is an issue. Nothing else has worked so far.

How do you change the install folder?

Cheers
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox App Error Code 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - Windows App Error

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  4. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  5. PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PLEASE Fix The 0x803FB005 Error Code When Installing The Xbox App on Windows 11: Based on the recent forum posts, some as recent as an hour or 30 minutes ago, I'm not the only person having this issue. I uninstalled the Xbox app because it is broken, it kept insisting that I...
  6. Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc: We can't install xbox app from microsoft store. We get: Error Code: 0x803FB005 - My teenage son uninstalled it on his machine because it was crashing, when he went to reinstall it that is when the...
  7. 0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0xd05e0125 xbox error code xbox app windows 11: I just downloaded a game on Xbox app now while downloading a new game 0xd05e0125 this is coming up. Microsoft please help 51fd6a32-b672-4b28-b767-e21084974224
  8. Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant finish installing games on windows 10 Xbox app, i get error code 0x80070005: my games will download all the way until the end, when its about to finish I get an error , I try to restart and get the same thing every time. 5218a110-5124-4741-a1f4-fd146c0771b1
  9. Error 0x87e00198 when trying to install Fallout 76 through the Xbox app on Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error 0x87e00198 when trying to install Fallout 76 through the Xbox app on Windows 10: I've done everything I can think of on my end short of a complete rebuild. Drivers are updated, my OS and all relevant software has been updated, I've reinstalled the Xbox app, still nothing. I...
  10. Xbox App for Windows PC cant install nor Update anything anymore - error 80070490

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App for Windows PC cant install nor Update anything anymore - error 80070490: Hey there Xbox Community, i changed to Windows 11 a few month now and hell, its been a rollercoaster. I thought having an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate could be nice addition to my pile of shame but -...