Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never.

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Well, my Xbox app doesn't launch when I click on, it only tries to load but after a secs it closes. I have tried to repair the app, to reset it (in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Blancarr2, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Blancarr2
    Blancarr2 Guest

Well, my Xbox app doesn't launch when I click on, it only tries to load but after a secs it closes. I have tried to repair the app, to reset it (in Settings), to uninstall and install, and same things with the Gaming Services app.

I also checked that I have no Windows updates and I don't have any of them.

I tried to use a powershell command (get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers) , but nothing works.

Finnally, tried to remove the entry of the gamingservices in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet -> Services; GamingServices and GamingServices.Net) and doesn't work. I don't know what to do as I have the battle pass and I don't want to have to request a refund.

Pd: when I reset the app, it opens but I am not allowd to download any game (It says: Unknown Avaliable) even I have space avaliable and when I close the Xbox app, it doesn't open never again.

:)

Blancarr2, Dec 23, 2022
  2. PanchoRad Win User

Damn... a little more research brought me to the probable root cause.. One of the GameService refuses to run. And the fix to that is to completely wipe out Windows, reformat disk, return to factory settings (and of course lose all personnal files).

Game Service error 31 - Search (bing.com)

Not worth the effort! This app is clearly not mature! Now I need to figure out how to cancel my Ultimate Pass before they start charging me for a service I cannot use.
  3. PanchoRad Win User

Xbox APP worked very well since I bought my Laptop earlier this year, until I finally activated my Game free 3 month Pass Ultimate and gave my payment info. I was able to download and install one game, then any game I would try to install would give an "unknown path" for installation, and would not let me install it. I tried to restart the laptop and now XBOX app no longer opens. I see the black opening screen for a few seconds and then it shuts down.

It seems to be a common problem (google search), but all the suggested fixes (restart, update windows, reset app, ...) does change anything.
  4. Blancarr2 Win User

Damn... a little more research brought me to the probable root cause.. One of the GameService refuses to run. And the fix to that is to completely wipe out Windows, reformat disk, return to factory settings (and of course lose all personnal files).

Game Service error 31 - Search (bing.com)

Not worth the effort! This app is clearly not mature! Now I need to figure out how to cancel my Ultimate Pass before they start charging me for a service I cannot use.
    Oh in fact I solve the problem, I had to go to Files, then Disk and remove the one called WindowsApp and WpSystem, although I had to do some things because at first it said "you need administrator permission", but when I could do that, then the App worked, in case it helps you
  5. Eric092 Win User
  6. ExcessRacer Win User

Xbox Game Pass on PC not launching games

Microsoft what is going on with this, Did a full reinstall of Windows 11 and every other game launcher works fine, Xbox app is now literally locking up my computer with slow launches and I have to reboot to get out of it. everything I have tried doesn't work, repair, reinstall the Xbox app. Can not use Xbox ultimate on my Windows 11 PC. Was working before I reinstalled everything. Whats the fix?
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox App doesn't launch, never. - Similar Threads - Windows App doesn't

2. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  3. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  4. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  5. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  6. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  7. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  8. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  9. Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Xbox app doesn't retain default install location: Hi, Just as above really! Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks 7f523000-e726-4140-ad72-8a146b99b135
  10. Xbox App on Windows 11 doesn't install anything.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 11 doesn't install anything.: I tried resetting and repairing both the Xbox app and Microsoft Store app on settings multiple times. I tried uninstalling multiple times. Nothing seems to work. Additionaly, the jump back in...