Windows 11 Xbox app can't sign in

Discus and support Windows 11 Xbox app can't sign in in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got a problem, when i open the xbox app my account is suddenly logged out, when i tried to click the sign in button the button won't open any pop up.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mitsuky, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Mitsuky
    Mitsuky Guest

I got a problem, when i open the xbox app my account is suddenly logged out, when i tried to click the sign in button the button won't open any pop up. Anybody have a solution to this problem?

:)

Mitsuky, Oct 23, 2022
  2. Mitsuky Win User

Okay, i did all the step including (Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage) this step, but right now i encounter another problem, when i tried to install the identity provider my microsoft store keep showing this.

[​IMG]

i already tried to repair and reset the microsoft store and it did nothing, it still be like that. and If you're gonna suggest me to reset my windows, i already did that, at first the xbox app working, but after a few days the problem occurred again.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this MITSUKY

Please try this these tutorials:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

Or try this (RainingRoses response):

"Try the following options for Windows 10/11:
    1. Go to Credential Manager (https://support.microsoft.com/windows/accessing...) > Windows Credentials (not the Web option), select XblGrts|DeviceKey and remove.

2. Go to Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts. Select your account with the issue and verify that the ‘Apps need to ask me to use this account’ setting is enabled. This would especially help if you have multiple accounts as you would have the option to choose the correct account on startup, but you can always change it back to the automatic option if you prefer. You can also try to remove the account from here and re-add it later.

3. Follow this file path: C:\Users\[Your Username]AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    Delete the Accounts and Cache folders, which will be deleted from the Xbox Identity Provider

Note that the highlighted code in this file path depends on your system so may vary.
    If you don’t see a particular folder, then confirm there’s no search filters applied and select ‘show hidden items’, or you can just search for the folder in the search bar.
    Restart your PC after trying the above steps, so that these properly take effect next time you sign in. It may also help to then reset and repair and/or uninstall and reinstall the Xbox apps where this error occurs."

Source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

If that doesn't work try this:
    Press Windows + X, then click on Windows Powershell (Administrator)

Then type or copy/paste this command and press enter:

Get-appxpackage Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider | Remove-AppxPackage

Restart your PC and install the recently deleted app:

https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/xbox-id...

Finally go to Windows Settings > Apps and Features > Xbox app > Reset and Repair, then restart your PC and give it a new try.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I can't sign in to the xbox app on Windows 11

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Nathan

Please try this:

Press Windows button and type Services

On Services App from the list of results, press right-click and run it as administrator

Scroll to the bottom and find the following services:

IP Helper

Xbox Live Auth Manager

Xbox Live Game Save

Xbox Live Networking Service

Gaming Services

And do this with each of the services listed above:

Right-click over the service and select Properties.

Find the Startup type section and make sure it’s set to Automatic (if not, change it to automatic)

If the service isn’t started, click Start to start the services

Restart your PC, and once restarted do this:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available (Install optional updates as well)

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services and update everything too.

Then do this:

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then reset, open the app and try again.
  5. richj444 Win User

Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows 11 pc

Lucas, thanks for your reply. After I posted this I continued doing some research and came across another post in the community which gave this advice:

1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Navigate to the following:
      • C:\Users\[your profile]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider_cw5n1h2txyewy\AC\TokenBroker
    3. Delete the Accounts and Cache folders.
    4. Try the Xbox app again.
    Well, it turned out that I didn't have the Identity Provider folder. On a wild hunch, I checked my wife's pc and she did have that folder, so I just copied it to my machine and (surprisingly) that seems to have fixed my issue. I am now downloading Gears 5 using my Game Pass subscription, just as it was intended.

Btw, *most* of the steps in your post have been done already. Repeatedly :). But I really appreciate you taking the time to try to help.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows 11 pc

Thema:

1. Windows 11 Xbox app can't sign in - Similar Threads - Windows app can't

2. I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install Xbox app on Windows 11: Hi, I've just reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC. All updates, drivers etc installed OK. When I opened the Microsoft Store it updates all the apps but then seems to get stuck on the Xbox app and the...
  3. Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Xbox App on windows 10 laptop: I can download the app. But can't seem to install it. a17e8316-74fb-4279-9b22-7d3cbf9bb62c
  4. I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC: I recently built a new pc. Getting code : Code: 0x80248007 System Info from dxdiag : Windows 11 Home 64 Bit (10.0, Build 22631) Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 12 core processor...
  5. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  6. Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10: Hello everyone, I've already red numerous threads regarding this topic, but now have come to the conclusion to ask my questions here. So basically I was able to play as usual as it has always...
  7. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...
  8. MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MS Store or xBox app on Windows 11 can't change installation path from drive С to drive D: There is a game in the MS Store - A Plague Tale: Requiem - Windows Available with xbox game pass ultimate subscription Installed on one laptop drive C, everything is fine And I'm trying to...
  9. Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app: Hello, yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the same country, so like the code was not...
  10. can't see my Xbox game in the Xbox Windows 10 App Library...

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't see my Xbox game in the Xbox Windows 10 App Library...: around 2015 I bought a copy of Ori and the blind Forest for Xbox for me and some roommates to play, fast forward I no longer have access to that console, the game was purchased on my account that...