Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display

Discus and support Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am running Windows 11 22H2 and am attempting to use my XboxONE S as a wireless display to stream my screen to my Xbox, however when I attempt to do... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AnAceCase, Oct 29, 2022.

1. AnAceCase
    AnAceCase Guest

I am running Windows 11 22H2 and am attempting to use my XboxONE S as a wireless display to stream my screen to my Xbox, however when I attempt to do so my screen on my laptop will flash black and refuse to connect, any idea on how to fix this issue would be very much apparated

I receive no error message, I have tried restarting both my laptop and Xbox and forgetting the device on each. but all I get is the same result of a black flash on the screen and a unsuccessful connection.

***Move from Windows / Windows 11 / Display and graphics***

:)

AnAceCase, Oct 29, 2022
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi AnAceCase,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you are having an issue connecting your Xbox One to your PC on Windows 11. As per description, when you attempt to use Xbox One as wireless display to stream on Windows 11 22H2 on Laptop, it will flash black and will not connect. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern.

Here are methods we can follow that could possibly fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the SFC /SCANNOW command

1. Open a new Windows Terminal as an Administrator (Press Windows+X and Select Windows Terminal Admin).
    2. Select the Command Prompt or PowerShell profile from the down arrow chevron menu.
    3. Type sfc /scannow command, and press enter.
    4. Wait for the scan to complete.
    5. If there's no errors, you can close the console now.
    6. If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:
    7. " dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth "
    8. Restart the computer and run sfc /scannow again.
    Method 2: Clean Boot:

1.Click "Start" and search: msconfig > select "System Configuration";
    2.Click "Services" on System Configuration > click and select "Hide all Microsoft services" > click "Disable all";
    3.Click "Startup" on System Configuration > click "Open Task Manager";
    4.Select each startup item on Startup and click "Disable" > close "Task Manager";
    5.Click "OK" on Startup tab of System Configuration > Restart PC.
    By doing so, your computer will be able to work normally again, and you'll see that no CMD window pops up anymore.

Method 3: Create a test user:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com)

Also make sure that your Xbox Services are enabled.

Search for Run

On the Run Box, type in services.msc

Look for the Xbox Service and set each to automatic.

Right Click on the Xbox service, under the General tab look for startup type on the drop down select Automatic

Then Click on Start.

Here are some articles for you to check for some other fixes.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Geri M. Win User

Hello AnAceCase,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. RareSkies Win User

Preview Program Problem

I have been trying to connect my xboxone to my PC using the "Wireless Display" app but when i try to add the device it keeps asking my xbox's WPS Pin. Any solution?
  5. CarTzy Win User

Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display

Hello PabstGoldMedal,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

It seems that you are having issues connecting your PC to Xbox one. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Xbox app and Gaming services version?
    • Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    So far, based on the information you've provided, you can try the options listed below and let us know whether the problem has been fixed.

Connect your Xbox with a Windows PC instead of a router

Connect your Xbox with a Windows PC instead of a router | Xbox Support

In Place Upgrade

• Visit the Windows 11 download website Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)
    • Download Windows 11 Disk Image(ISO) (multi-edition ISO)
    • Once the ISO has finished downloading, kindly select it with the right click, select Mount, and then select Setup.exe.
    • Click Next in the Install Windows 11 dialog box.
    • A licensing agreement will be displayed when setup checks your computer. In the license terms dialog, click Accept.
    • Wait for the setup program to check the free space that is available.
    • Make sure the box next to Keep personal files and apps is checked on the Ready to install page.
    • Click install
    • Restart will be experienced a few time then it will lead you to the lock screen wherein you can sign in
    Check this guide created by Lester BernardReyes

How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

We eagerly await your response. Please send us a message if there are any questions about our description or if there are any misunderstandings.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display - Similar Threads - Windows Refuse connect

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  4. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  5. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  6. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  7. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  8. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  9. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  10. Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is Windows 11 refusing to connect me to my xbox account.: Windows 11 is made to make me extraordinarily upset. The system won't let me download any gaming service or even update any of my microsoft given apps on my desktop. This just seems like a huge...