Windows 11 update won't let me open my apps.

Discus and support Windows 11 update won't let me open my apps. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I built a computer recently, just installed windows 11. A few days ago it was working just fine. After I updated it whenever I click on an app it will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by WJones_368, Dec 14, 2022.

1. WJones_368
    WJones_368 Guest

I built a computer recently, just installed windows 11. A few days ago it was working just fine. After I updated it whenever I click on an app it will show the loading wheel and then do nothing. I can open a few things like Chrome and the settings. I've tried clicking "Restart this PC" and it won't do anything. Can I somehow do a hard reset without having to open any apps? I feel like this is a software issue not a hardware issue. However, could it also be my processing?

Also don't know what to put down as products and category.

:)

WJones_368, Dec 14, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

3. WJones_368 Win User

Hello,

For anyone who ran into the same issue as I. All I did was fully rebooted my computer. I did this by holding the power button for 30 seconds and eventually I reinstalled windows 11. Everything is working fine now, hopefully this helps.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  5. Stephanie Dequito Win User

My Xbox controller won’t give inputs after being taken out of range of my Xbox One S

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you out!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Xbox controller. I know how frustrating it can be since I'm player just like you. Don't worry, let me help you.

Try to update your controller's firmware using your Windows PC. Here's how:

Update your controller on Windows 10/11 by using the Xbox Accessories app:

If you don’t already have the app installed, get it in the Store:

https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NBLGGH30XJ3?hl=en-us&gl=PH

Open the Xbox Accessories app.

Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
    When the controller is connected, you'll see the message Update Required if an update is mandatory. Install the update.

Note: The Xbox Accessories app is available only on Windows 10/11.

Updating the controller over Bluetooth is not supported.

Once you're done, please let me know if it works.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  6. pottsalot2 Win User

Xbox app won't finish startup while offline. Window 11

Then why advertise it as a feature. The Xbox app itself won't load, how is anyone supposed to play anything offline. It work 3 years ago. I'm gonna guess this is a Windows 11 bug. My windows 10 desktop works fine but, the laptop on windows 11 won't.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 update won't let me open my apps. - Similar Threads - Windows update won't

2. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  3. Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 Update makes controller open menus while gaming: After the most recent update for Windows 10, my xbox controller now will sometimes open the alt+tab menu or will bring up an on screen keyboard. The only way I have found to fix it is to plug and...
  4. I can not download anything not even a windows update!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can not download anything not even a windows update!?: See what's happening [img] 448a7bb3-707a-4045-b8c9-7a9908e50fd6
  5. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  6. Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms says it updated world and but no option to upgrade Windows client: First message: Your Realm will soon be updated. You will need an update too. Check for game update now? Check Store -> I clicked Get updates and none exist for Minecraft for Windows (bedrock)...
  7. my game was install won't launch after windows update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my game was install won't launch after windows update: hello, I have problem with my game that I have install from steam after launch windows update. Before windows update, i play that game like normal. then after windows update, it can't launch. I...
  8. Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.

in XBoX on Windows
    Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open.: Since the latest Windows 11 update two days ago my Solitaire games won't open on either of my PCs. The screen shows the wheel going around non-stop. My account is up to date and shows my correct...
  9. Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless adapter won't work on Windows 11. Doesn't find update drivers: My wireless adapter (£50 btw) won't install on my PC. Searched for drivers and downloaded these: Xbox - Net - 7/11/2017 12:00:00 AM - 1.0.46.1Windows 10 Creators Update and Later Servicing...
  10. Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't run after windows 11 update: So last night I had a required windows 11 update, after going to bed and going on my computer the next morning I find that Minecraft only comes up with the "Sorry, unable to start Minecraft."...