Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display

Discus and support Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, a previous thread mentioned this similar issue, but was closed so I wanted to open a new discussion. I am running Windows 11 21H2 build... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PabstGoldMedal, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display

Hello, a previous thread mentioned this similar issue, but was closed so I wanted to open a new discussion.

I am running Windows 11 21H2 build 22000.1281 on Dell hardware and repeatedly get “Couldn’t to connect to your device” when attempting to wirelessly connect a display to an Xbox One running version 10.0.22621.2858.

I followed troubleshooting steps in another thread to open services.msc, setting all Xbox services to automatic and started them. I attempted clean boot by disabling all startup items, and still find the issue to be present in a local test account.

When selecting the Xbox under “available displays” on the cast menu, the Xbox shows the user is about to project. A status bar at the top of the windows system says “couldn’t connect” and the Xbox returns to the ready screen.

***Move from Windows / Windows 11 / Display and graphics***

:)

PabstGoldMedal, Nov 21, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello PabstGoldMedal,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today, and we hope that all is well.

It seems that you are having issues connecting your PC to Xbox one. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, in your isolated case, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Xbox app and Gaming services version?
    • Device specs, make and model?
    • Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    So far, based on the information you've provided, you can try the options listed below and let us know whether the problem has been fixed.

Connect your Xbox with a Windows PC instead of a router

Connect your Xbox with a Windows PC instead of a router | Xbox Support

In Place Upgrade

• Visit the Windows 11 download website Download Windows 11 (microsoft.com)
    • Download Windows 11 Disk Image(ISO) (multi-edition ISO)
    • Once the ISO has finished downloading, kindly select it with the right click, select Mount, and then select Setup.exe.
    • Click Next in the Install Windows 11 dialog box.
    • A licensing agreement will be displayed when setup checks your computer. In the license terms dialog, click Accept.
    • Wait for the setup program to check the free space that is available.
    • Make sure the box next to Keep personal files and apps is checked on the Ready to install page.
    • Click install
    • Restart will be experienced a few time then it will lead you to the lock screen wherein you can sign in
    Check this guide created by Lester BernardReyes

How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

We eagerly await your response. Please send us a message if there are any questions about our description or if there are any misunderstandings.
  4. Paul Bab Win User

Teredo server connectivity is blocked on xbox app. Works fine on other devices on same network.

Hi,

Let's isolate your case by answering the following questions:

1. Is your Windows 10 PC connected to a wired or wireless network?

2. Have you tried connecting your Windows 10 PC to a different network?

To help resolve connectivity issues with the Xbox app on Windows 10, check out any of the links below and perform the solutions provided:

Xbox app NAT type on Windows 10 displays "Teredo is unable to qualify"

Xbox app server connectivity on Windows 10 is blocked

Looking forward to your response.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display

Hi AnAceCase,

We appreciate you for bringing this up to Xbox Community Forum.

We understand that you are having an issue connecting your Xbox One to your PC on Windows 11. As per description, when you attempt to use Xbox One as wireless display to stream on Windows 11 22H2 on Laptop, it will flash black and will not connect. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern.

Here are methods we can follow that could possibly fix the issue.

Method 1: Run the SFC /SCANNOW command

1. Open a new Windows Terminal as an Administrator (Press Windows+X and Select Windows Terminal Admin).
    2. Select the Command Prompt or PowerShell profile from the down arrow chevron menu.
    3. Type sfc /scannow command, and press enter.
    4. Wait for the scan to complete.
    5. If there's no errors, you can close the console now.
    6. If it doesn't help, do a Component Store repair with this command:
    7. " dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth "
    8. Restart the computer and run sfc /scannow again.
    Method 2: Clean Boot:

1.Click "Start" and search: msconfig > select "System Configuration";
    2.Click "Services" on System Configuration > click and select "Hide all Microsoft services" > click "Disable all";
    3.Click "Startup" on System Configuration > click "Open Task Manager";
    4.Select each startup item on Startup and click "Disable" > close "Task Manager";
    5.Click "OK" on Startup tab of System Configuration > Restart PC.
    By doing so, your computer will be able to work normally again, and you'll see that no CMD window pops up anymore.

Method 3: Create a test user:

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows (microsoft.com)

Also make sure that your Xbox Services are enabled.

Search for Run

On the Run Box, type in services.msc

Look for the Xbox Service and set each to automatic.

Right Click on the Xbox service, under the General tab look for startup type on the drop down select Automatic

Then Click on Start.

Here are some articles for you to check for some other fixes.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

Windows 11 Will Refuse to connect to XboxOne as a Wireless Display

Hello AnAceCase,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Windows 11 unable to connect to Xbox One wireless display - Similar Threads - Windows unable connect

2. I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a...: I'm unable to open the Xbox app on Windows 11. I get error 0x80070005. This is after a fresh install of Windows 11. I was getting the error before reinstalling Windows 11 as well. I have...
  3. How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to fix "unable to connect to world" error on Minecraft Windows 10?: I've been playing Minecraft on Windows 10 with my friends for a long time with no issues. Last month, it started showing an error saying "unable to connect to world" whenever I try joining someone...
  4. Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Unable to upload xbox game bar clips from windows: I used to be able to upload clips taken from my pc with the xbox game bar but since the last updated the options has disappeared not sure why a66349b5-424a-44f0-b342-7670376dfe3e
  5. Unable to update Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to update Minecraft for windows: My son's Nintendo Switch recently updated Minecraft to version 1.20.50, while the version on my PC remained at 1.20.41. When attempting to update it through the Microsoft Store, I encountered an...
  6. Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to sign into the Xbox App on windows 11: I had an issue with the xbox app not opening after an update the other day. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the app to download. however now i cannot sign in. The screen flashed black for a...
  7. Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updated to windows 11 and am unable to update Gaming Services with error 0x80073cf9: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and now most of my Game Pass games are gone and I am unable to play or reinstall them. I am getting error code 0x80073cf9. I have tried resetting the window store...
  8. Unable to install games on non-windows drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to install games on non-windows drive: I am currently having an issue where i am unable to install games from the Xbox app on windows on my secondary hard drive (non-boot drive). I have attempt to change the default install location to...
  9. Unable to select internal SSD as an install path on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to select internal SSD as an install path on Windows: I see the SSD drive I want to select when I change default install location but when I select it from the drop down it changes itself back to the Internal HDD instead. I have reinstalled the Xbox...
  10. Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to download Starfield via Game Pass on Windows 11 Xbox App and Windows Store: Hi. I bought game pass (not Ultimate) a few weeks ago, and hoped to be able to download Starfield ahead of its release on the 6th Sept (tomorrow). However, there seems to be a bug on my...