Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all

Discus and support Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have experienced an issue with microphone quality on Discord when playing games. My friends report that my microphone quality is terrible (robotic... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Cameron Stephens1, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all

I have experienced an issue with microphone quality on Discord when playing games. My friends report that my microphone quality is terrible (robotic sounding) when we play games, but the moment I alt-tab out of the game the microphone quality returns to normal. It happens with multiple games so it's not a specific game that causes this. I have also checked if my microphone sounds normal outside of Discord and it does sound fine. I have found and done every step found in this post 11 microphone quality in Discord in games - Microsoft Community Yet the problem persists. Is there anything else that could possibly fix this problem?

:)

Cameron Stephens1, Nov 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all

Is this happening only in Modern Warfare II?

I heard that this game is causing some performance issues on PC

If your problem is happening only there the best option is report this to Activision and wait for a new game update

https://support.activision.com/modern-warfare-i...
  3. Yankee127 Win User

I am also having this issue. It just recently started. I have a Logitech G Pro X Wireless headset which uses Blue! mic tech. I experience the issue in games that use much of my GPU (WZ2, Red Dead Redemption 2, etc). Gets robot like and sometimes eventually just cuts out. Any advice?
  4. Cameron Stephens1 Win User

When GPU utilization approaches 100% the blue yeti microphone starts having problems.
  5. Cameron Stephens1 Win User

I actually Figured it out but forgot to post it here. Nvidia Broadcast is the culprit as it uses the gpu for some of the voice processing. so as utilization approaches 100% the microphone starts Dying.

disable Nvidia Broadcast in the LG hub. and or Nvidia Broadcast by itself.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi Cameron, and did you tried lowering the graphics settings for the games where you experience this?

Is not always good a 100% of utilization for any of your hardware components
    Can lead to bottlenecks
Thema:

1. Windows 11 microphone quality in Discord in games / sometimes not working at all - Similar Threads - Windows microphone quality

2. Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App crashing/closing (windows 10): Suddenly out of no where the xbox app wouldn't open but just close instantly. I tried restarting pc and repairing and restarting xbox app or even reinstalling it. I even tried reinstalling...
  3. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  4. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  5. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  6. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  7. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  8. Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11: I have an astro a40. I checked all options and i still have this low volume microphone. I have checked microphone volume and all this things but I still can't get heared by my friends. It is...
  9. Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...: The microphone is too Quite when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X controller on WINDOWS 11 . I tried both Wired and with wireless adapter. The others can barley hear me. I tried...
  10. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...