Windows 11 microphone problems

Discus and support Windows 11 microphone problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello Recently I had to format my m.2 and after formatting I thought it was a good idea to try Win 11. At first it seemed fine but suddenly the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Aston Parol, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Aston Parol
    Aston Parol Guest

Hello

Recently I had to format my m.2 and after formatting I thought it was a good idea to try Win 11. At first it seemed fine but suddenly the microphone of my Steelseries Arctis 5 stopped working.

What I've tried:

-Rolling back Win updates

-Reinstalling windows

-Allowing applications to use microphone

-Restarting/reinstalling audio drivers

-Installing and configuring Steelseries engine

-Made the device default

And no, it isn't muted in any way possible. Another microphone, which uses type-c port, works perfectly. Could it be a Win 11 problem which will get fixed later on?

Thanks in advance Windows 11 microphone problems :))

:)

Aston Parol, Jul 1, 2022
  2. OldmanC73 Win User

Did you check the Recording section of your sound settings? Mine quit working and apparently when I checked the arctis 5 mic was not the default and I made it the default. Then I went to levels in the properties and for some reason it was muted even though it had been set to level 100 and never muted.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Aston

According to all the info you provided I think could be an issue with the actual audio driver version.

If you really need use the microphone I think would be better rollback to windows 11 and ask manufacturer to update the driver as soon as possible

Cheers from another user!
  4. Hoskayra Win User

My mic is not working, I can hear others just fine but I can't speak into the mic, any solutions?

Hello Deolaex, I'm sorry that the method didn't work for you. I know how frustrating it can be, I'm a gamer too. I was researching other methods to solve the microphone problem, but I would need to know if you use Windows 10 or 11?

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Xbox One Controller 3.5mm Mic doesn't work on Windows 10

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

In Windows Sound Settings and Discord Voice Settings, have you selected Headset Microphone to be the default input?

I tested it with my controller on Windows 11 but connected with a cable and it worked perfectly.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Xbox Stereo Headset microphone is very quiet on Windows 11

Thanks for the swift reply, ElectronicCat.

Now, we are down to two possibilities as to why you are having issues with your microphone. If you can test this microphone into your Window 10 device that would be awesome!

Please try these suggested troubleshooting here: Fix microphone problems.

Also, are you by any chance an Xbox Insider or Windows Insider?

We look forward for your response.

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Windows 11 microphone problems - Similar Threads - Windows microphone problems

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  4. XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox Series X Gamepad and Windows 11 Pro connectivity issues.: Hello. First of all I understand that you support guys are working hard. But please try to read the whole post before answer. Thank you. I have an XBox gamepad which was bundled with Xbox Series...
  5. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  6. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  7. Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app on Windows continues using microphone after leaving party: Using the Xbox app / Gamebar on Windows 11 for voice chat in a party. After I leave the party, I can see the microphone icon in my taskbar indicating that my microphone is still in use. Hovering...
  8. Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11

in XBoX on Windows
    Astro a40 microphone problem on windows 11: I have an astro a40. I checked all options and i still have this low volume microphone. I have checked microphone volume and all this things but I still can't get heared by my friends. It is...
  9. Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Too Quite On WINDOWS 11 when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X...: The microphone is too Quite when connecting through 3.5mm jack on Xbox Series X controller on WINDOWS 11 . I tried both Wired and with wireless adapter. The others can barley hear me. I tried...
  10. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...