Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...

Discus and support Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Using Windows 11 Home so the computer management solution does not work. It says that I need to request access, which I have done. Accepted it all and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Freek94, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Freek94
    Freek94 Guest

Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to...

Using Windows 11 Home so the computer management solution does not work. It says that I need to request access, which I have done. Accepted it all and restarted my laptpo, but stil not working. I found info on adding my account as a Performance Log User through cmd, which worked as I got confirmation I've been added. Upon retrying it says I am already added. Restarted my laptop and still it is not working. How to solve this?

:)

Freek94, Dec 11, 2021
  2. Danhoof Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows 10 HOME

Im having the same problem. The following guide does not work since my copy of windows does not have local users and groups in computer management. I have reinstalled gamebar, resetted it, reinstalled again etc. but nothing seem to work.

"Copy/Paste :

Not seeing the FPS info after completing FPS setup

When you set up the FPS counter in Xbox Game Bar, your user account will be added to the Performance Log Users group (if your account is the administrator for the device or the administrator has added your account to the group). If you’re not seeing the
    FPS counter after restarting your PC (Request access button still appears in the FPS tab), verify that your account was added to the Performance Log Users group by typing Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting Local
    Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users. If you’re not seeing your account in the Members box, request access again from the FPS tab in the Game Bar Performance overlay, then restart your PC.

If you’re still not seeing FPS info after retrying access, manually add your administrator account to the group by typing Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting Local Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users,
    pressing Add, then following the prompts. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect."
  3. Freek94 Win User

Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to Performance Log Users through cmd

Hi Christopher. Thanks for your response, but unfortunately none of that helped. I have already looked at previous posts on this and other forums as well, where I found a few things that helped for others. I tried those as well (as mentioned, through cmd), but that hasn't helped either. Wondering what next methods I can try?
  4. Christopher Revoredo Win User

Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to Performance Log Users through cmd

Hi there Freek welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. Everytime the gamebar starts acting up I follo these steps, give them a try!

https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/game-s...
  5. Kev1svl Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows 10 HOME

You will see FPS which may require a request and a restart but you're ready to go!
    That's my problem. It doesn't work. It keeps asking to validate/reboot each time I do it.

That's why I ask help because with Win10 Home you can't follow the instruction from the Xbox support itself (again : https://support.xbox.com/fr-CA/xbox-on-windows/social/xbox-game-bar-performance) because you can't manage the users groups properly.

Copy/Paste :

Not seeing the FPS info after completing FPS setup

When you set up the FPS counter in Xbox Game Bar, your user account will be added to the Performance Log Users group (if your account is the administrator for the device or the administrator has added your account to the group). If
    you’re not seeing the FPS counter after restarting your PC (Request access button still appears in the FPS tab), verify that your account was added to the Performance Log Users group by typing
    Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting
    Local Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users
    . If you’re not seeing your account in the
    Members box, request access again from the FPS tab in the Game Bar Performance overlay, then restart your PC.

If you’re still not seeing FPS info after retrying access, manually add your administrator account to the group by typing
    Computer Management in the desktop search box, selecting
    Local Users and Groups > Groups > Performance Log Users
    , pressing
    Add
    , then following the prompts. Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Xbox Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows

Hi Mark,

I'm assuming you are running Windows 10 Home and not Windows 10 Pro since Home does not have access to the section, Local Users and Groups.

I found a thread on how to get this resolved for Windows 10 users that involves using some commands but the instructions are very well written out and a link to the original source is also provided: Xbox
    Game Bar - How to enable FPS counter on Windows 10 HOME

Let us know if this helps!
Thema:

1. Windows 11 Home - Xbox Game Bar FPS counter not working, even after adding my account to... - Similar Threads - Windows Home Game

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  4. Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...

in XBoX on Windows
    Help me I am tied to install XBOX application on my window 11 single home version. Error...: Help me I tied to install Xbox application. Also, I applied all below mentioned command on my laptop. My Window11 comes with Home Single edition 23H2 Version. this command applies my laptop and...
  5. Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows 11 Home 23H2 update obliterated PC performance: Hello! I'll try to keep this concise, but there is some background involved with my PC. Hardware: ASUS Prime-z790-p WIFI motherboard Intel i9-13900KF 32-core 3.0ghz Nvidia GeForce MSI Gaming Trio...
  6. IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    IL2 Forgotten Battles installation into Microsoft FSX on Windows 7 Home Premium get error...: Re install of IL2 Forgotten Battles into Microsoft FSX on a Windows 7 Home premium base. Used to work perfectly until corrupted by an upgrade possibly now get error code 1723....
  7. How do I enable device encryption in Windows 11 Home edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I enable device encryption in Windows 11 Home edition?: After downloading a game in the Xbox app on pc I'm unable to install it, because of the following error: Disk volume does not support file encryption. According to this Microsoft support page I...
  8. I need help with Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Windows 10 Home Single Languaje), i think the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help with Minecraft Bedrock Edition (Windows 10 Home Single Languaje), i think the...: yesterday my minecraft started closing, when i open it it reaches 100%, and the panoramic picture of the starting screen started the animation, then it stops, and minecraft closes without giving...
  9. XBOX One S XDK Dev Home help! Missing Quick Actions window!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S XDK Dev Home help! Missing Quick Actions window!: Hello! I’m a beginner with the XBOX XDK on my XBOX One S and just found out that you can customize your dev home. I ended up removing all the extra tool windows so I could begin setting up my own...
  10. Today on the home page I found just such an error with a pop-up window

in XboX Insiders
    Today on the home page I found just such an error with a pop-up window: [IMG] submitted by /u/Eufeek [link] [comments]