Windows 11 - headset microphone doesnt work through xbox controller in party.

Discus and support Windows 11 - headset microphone doesnt work through xbox controller in party. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I have one of the newer xbox controllers, which I use to speak in an xbox party as I dont have a microphone splitter for my PC. Its been working... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kieran blowers, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Windows 11 - headset microphone doesnt work through xbox controller in party.

So, I have one of the newer xbox controllers, which I use to speak in an xbox party as I dont have a microphone splitter for my PC.

Its been working perfectly fine, up until a few days ago, where the mic stopped working completely.

the controller and microphone are perfectly fine, as I tried them on my console and they were fine. However when I try to use party chat on windows I cant speak, only hear.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

:)

kieran blowers, Jul 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Kieran

So, is this issue happening only on PC, right?

May I know which troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

In the meantime try reinstalling the controller driver to see if that makes the trick:

Right-click on your Windows start menu icon (not on the taskbar)
    Click on “Device Manager”
    This will open Device Manager, with all your drivers in it
    Scroll to find the Xbox wireless controller driver
    Right-click, and then select “Uninstall”
    A new confirmation window will pop up now
    Click on the “Uninstall” button to confirm it
    Wait for the process to finish
    Now click on “Scan for hardware changes”
    This is available on the Device Manager toolbar above
    An error message will pop u showing your USB accessory is not recognized
    Follow steps for the driver to be installed automatically
    Make sure to have an active internet connection for the latest update
    This should fix your issue

**Source: https://gamertweak.com/xbox-controller-driver-e...

*** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. SammyVS Win User

Xbox One Controller 3.5mm Mic doesn't work on Windows 10

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

In Windows Sound Settings and Discord Voice Settings, have you selected Headset Microphone to be the default input?

I tested it with my controller on Windows 11 but connected with a cable and it worked perfectly.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one stuck on mute

Has the headset ever worked before on the Xbox One controller?

If the headset works on other devices (e.g. smartphone), but has never worked on the Xbox, the plug on the headset might be different from the CTIA standard the Xbox requires.

There are two headset plug standards: CTIA and OMTP. For both, the microphone and ground connector are reversed. So if you plug an OMTP plug into a Xbox controller, the controller is "listening" for a microphone on the ground connector, and the headset is
    sending the microphone signal to the controller's ground.

You can resolve this by buying a cheap OMTP to CTIA adapter, which simply switches the connectors.

If the headset worked on the Xbox before, ask your son to compose a voice message. Have him record the voice message and listen to it. If the microphone works for the voice message, but is muted during party chat, your son might accidentally muted the partychat
    and/or himself by pressing X on the party menu.
  5. PoisonCatalyst Win User

Xbox One S - Microphone Not Working

Right - no matter which controller I use this menu is not there.

when no headset is connected (3.5mm) there is a little microphone icon with a line through it by the battery indicator (presumably this means the mic is muted?)

when a headset is connected this changes to a headset icon. I think this means it recognizes it but it still doesnt work.

i am going to go get the xbox chat headset instead of the turtle beach and see if that helps.
  6. LushUnicorn09 Win User

Muted headset symbol on xbox One S

Sir Lancealot 83.

The microphone is muted, not the headset.

The headset and microphone works on another xbox and controller.

I have tried it on 2 controllers on the bone that is muted.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 - headset microphone doesnt work through xbox controller in party. - Similar Threads - Windows headset microphone

2. Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Configuring Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10: Is there any way to configure an Xbox elite controller on Windows 10? The Xbox accessories app no longer works and tells me I need to update my Windows OS. My computer isn't eligible for an...
  3. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  4. Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Controller issues with wireless headset (Windows 10): So I just bought an Xbox Wireless Controller and a wireless adapter, since my PC does not support Bluetooth. Whenever I am using it without my headset, everything is fine, but as soon as I turn on...
  5. Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset...: Xbox wireless headset connected to PC. Bad quality. Windows 11, Bluetooth. PC see headset as a speakers. 1c419c0d-b302-4323-b1d5-10dbd1331eae
  6. Xbox wireless headset problems on windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset problems on windows 11: I just connected my xbox wireless headset to my new windows 11 PC, but noticed some problems that I have not had with the headset before on my old windows 10 pc. On my old pc when the headset was...
  7. How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to record audio with Xbox Stereo Headset microphone with Windows 10: I am unable to record audio with the Audacity program with my new "XBOX Stereo Headset" while using Windows 10. I have plugged the 3.5mm jack into the back of my motherboard. I can hear audio...
  8. Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Volume Doesn't Affect Xbox Wireless Headset Volume: I'm on a Windows 11 PC and I've connected an Xbox Wireless Headset using the Xbox Wireless Adapter and cable. There is a volume slider on the headset itself that works fine, but the headset is...
  9. Xbox Wireless Headset + windows 11 =

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset + windows 11 =: Good morning, when I pair my Xbox audio headset to my PC, it is recognized but then a problem is encountered. In the bluetooth menu, I see the headset connecting and disconnecting continuously,...
  10. Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless Headset detected as Speakers in Window 11 when connected via bluetooth: Hi, I have Xbox Wireless Headset which was working just fine with Windows 11 until I paired it with Xbox. Suddenly after pairing it again with PC it's recognized as Speakers, which makes the...