Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions

Discus and support Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 11 from an iso downloaded with their official tool and am now unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaIINSeN, Nov 28, 2021.

1. RaIINSeN
    RaIINSeN Guest

Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions

I reinstalled windows 11 from an iso downloaded with their official tool and am now unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions (error 0x00000001), i have tried every possible fix for this that u can find one the internet eg.

• change service startup for the xbox services to automatic
    • removing the services app, deleted its registry keys, restarting the pc and installing it again (aka the apparently "official fix from ms")
    • repairing/clearing the cache of the xbox and services app
    • disabling the sign in option in the account settings that used to cause problems
    • trying to start the xbox app as administrator
    • run a system integrity check
    Windows build: 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Gaming Service build: 3.59.11001.0

Xbox build: 2111.1001.3.0

Store build: 22110.1401.17.0

Worth mentioning is probably that i'm the sole user of this pc and administrator, also it worked just fine before the reinstall

:)

RaIINSeN, Nov 28, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Ok did you do a pc health check?

Are you failing anything like tpm or secure boot ?

Not sure why you downloaded the iso when you can use the updste takes less space

Unless you are trying to bypass the tpm requirement

.fyi without secure boot or tpm you can't use certain things including certain games and yes ms does mention that without those 2 certain features aren't enabled
  3. RaIINSeN Win User

as i said i wanted to do a fresh install, yes i pass tpm and secure boot
  4. ErickSot13 Win User

forza horizon 5 disables ethernet adapter

New Windows Install, fresh nothin in it, only FH5 and guess what?

The same stupid behavior. What is it? Why a Xbox ''GamePass'' game disables the Windows 11 adapter? Why?
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

i used to get the same error on one of my other pc's, i had linux installed as primary and windows 10 as a second os, dual booting.

games that didnt need raised permissions worked ok from gamepass pc but anything that needed admin errored out, i blanked the hdd and installed windows as the primary and it worked straight away.

my friends mac has a simular issue, and it looks to be a hardware thing as windows is checking hardware signatures for games that require admin. in the end he gave up.
  6. acfranco Win User

Forza Horizon 5 on PC game pass crashes on launch - issue with permissions?

Hi Josef

I formatted my disk, did a fresh install of Windows 11, re-downloaded and installed and finally got the game to run.

Thanks very much for the assistance.

Regards,
Thema:

1. Windows 11 fresh install is unable to download gamepass games that require admin permissions - Similar Threads - Windows fresh install

2. Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX on Windows
    Why doesnt the xbox login window when launching Forza Horizon 5: I have attached an image and video of the issue in question, I have tried just about everything to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. https://youtu.be/_BFy4IPm5k8...
  3. May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 10, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.50.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  4. Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11

in XboX Insiders
    Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11: Error code0x80073cfb when updating Xbox Identity Provider on Windows 11. It's been going on for weeks. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  5. Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows keeps creating folders from Xbox App: Hello Microsoft Team, I used to install my Xbox games in my D:\ drive. Now I reinstalled my games in my C:\ drive and want to use my D:\ drive as a simple data storage. Unfortunately, Windows...
  6. May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

in XboX Insiders
    May 8, 2024 - PC Gaming Preview - Xbox App [2405.1000.48.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: submitted by /u/GuruKronos [link] [comments]
  7. Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Fresh Windows install to fix up gaming PC but in Xbox App Settings for Offline Devices Get...: You are at the limit of 3 selections of PC for offline play in 365 days. You can choose a new PC on... But it's the same computer just with a fresh Windows Install. Same Serial Number and...
  8. XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox app cannot be installed on a freshly installed Windows 11: Reinstalled windows today (2023-12-02) and unable to install Xbox app, I've downloaded it from the XBox website, and the installer keep looping though the words: - making things awesome -...
  9. code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    code 0x803FB005 i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows...: i cant download xbox app on my pc even after a complete fresh windows install. i think its an account problem ae19f41d-6837-4443-b1c2-7fee5e768248
  10. Xbox Login Attempt after fresh Windows 11 reinstall.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Login Attempt after fresh Windows 11 reinstall.: I just set up my pc after reinstalling windows and I'm trying to sign into my xbox account on pc but it is saying my account or device has been suspended or banned from Xbox Live. I tried another...