Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller

Discus and support Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by LucasASL, Nov 29, 2021.

1. LucasASL
    LucasASL Guest

Since upgrade to Windows 11 from 10, my Xbox 360 controller is not working. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers. It seems to recognize the existence of the controller. If I open Steam, the app instantly recognizes that the controller is xbox 360 controller.

However, the controller continues to flash and does not accept any inputs. The flashing seems to tell me that it's not connecting to the computer even though the system itself seems to be seeing it. I've tried multiple (new) cables and all had the same result. System sees in settings, but the controller stays flashing.

If I plug it into a Windows 10 machine, it connects and works fine.

:)

LucasASL, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller not functioning properly on my windows 11

I've updated the driver and used this controller on other PCs with windows 11 and the problem still persists.

The information of my system is attached below:
    Hi

If your controller isn't working on other PC running Windows 11 it tells me something is wrong with your controller.

There aren't any compatibility issues with older Xbox 360 controllers and Windows 11. I've just tried my old Xbox 360 wired controller in my brand new Windows 11 based PC and it works fine. The fact that it isn't working now is likely coincidental.
  3. RickG01 Win User

I have the same issue. It says there is a driver error under bluetooth and devices.

I have tried a lot of things:

I have tried connecting it to different ports.

Uninstalled the drivers

Reinstalled the drivers

Updated the drivers (it says i have the latest)

Rebooted the system.
  4. XBF - Dom Win User

Hello LucasASL,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

Can you verify that you've updated your device since upgrading to Windows 11? Have you tried resetting your PC after uninstalling and reinstalling drivers?

Let us know so we can continue to investigate the issue.
  5. Dmytro Ivasjuk Win User

xbox wireless controller and adapter problem

Hi, Dericka! When I connect it using wired connection (special xbox wire for this controller) windows 11 recognizes it like just "controller". That`s it.
  6. Kiesey Win User

Question about Xbox 360-PC Wireless Gaming Receiver

If you have a wired Xbox controller it will work. ( Note using a wireless controller and the play and charge kit will not work) Check out the link below fo downloads for the Xbox 360 Wired Controller For Windows.

www.microsoft.com/.../xbox-360-controller-for-windows
Thema:

1. Windows 11 and Xbox 360 Wired Controller - Similar Threads - Windows 360 Wired

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does windows 11 not support xbox 360 wireless adapters for windows.: I have tried multiple different wireless adapter devices and drivers and reset my computer multiple times in an attempt to use an xbox 360 controller to play rocket league/overcooked but my pc...
  6. Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to connect a Xbox 360 controller to windows 11 for steam gameplay?: I just need to know where you can install the driver or do people want me to try develop the driver, if I can have some guidelines I believe I can do it with Windows Visual Studio Code and node.js...
  7. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  8. How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to setup windows media center for Xbox 360 to connect to PC: Can't connect Xbox 360 to windows media player on PC 5d7da329-6462-4815-808c-f8dcac52205f
  9. How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I legally emulate Xbox 360 games(Including Kinect games) on windows 10/11?: I want to play xbox 360 games on my pc because some of them are discontinued and most of them are cheaper. After I sold my xbox 360 console, but a few years later I found my xbox 360 games that I...
  10. How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to connect my xbox 360 to my windows 11 laptop, without windows media center?: In windows 11 is not available windows media center, because it was removed in 2015, so what can i do to connect them, i want to play and use game pass 777b7fd3-1eb8-4c3a-86c6-e37bd2639d12