Windows 11 22H2 and Xbox wireless adapter failing

Discus and support Windows 11 22H2 and Xbox wireless adapter failing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Since windows 11 updated to 22H2 yesterday my Wireless adaptor no longer functions or connects to my headset. I'm seeing the following error on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cdmdotnet, Oct 31, 2022.

1. cdmdotnet
    cdmdotnet Guest

Since windows 11 updated to 22H2 yesterday my Wireless adaptor no longer functions or connects to my headset.

I'm seeing the following error on the device

Device USB\VID_045E&PID_02FE\471576 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem160.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e972-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Service: mt7612US

Lower Filters:

Upper Filters: xboxgip

Problem: 0x0

Problem Status: 0xC00000E5

That's about as helpful as the error logs are.

To any other Windows 11 user. Avoid 22H2. To Microsoft.... do you have a solution for this?

*** Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Devices and drivers ***

:)

cdmdotnet, Oct 31, 2022
  2. xWICKEDxBLACKx Win User

Same issue, only that’s getting me by is restarting pc without the adapter plugged in and plugging in after boot. No telling how long it’ll stay connected though. Any luck figuring it out ?
  3. MestoSU Win User

I can not really help you but I am facing just the same problem.

About 30 minutes ago the adapter stopped working on my Windows 11 22H2.

Thought the adapter could be defective but plugging it into all my other devices (still running windows 10 or linux) is working perfect.

Please, fix it, Microsoft!
  4. Geri M. Win User

Hi cdmdotnet,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are experiencing issues on your Xbox wireless adapter. As per description, it started after the windows 11 updated. Let us check on this together and sort this out. We will assist you with your concern.

Can we start updating the driver/device as the windows 11 update automatically disable it. Let's do it by following the steps below.

1. Go to Device Manager.
    2. Locate Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows in the Network adapters section.
    3. Select Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to bring up the Properties window.
    4. Click on Change Settings and then Enable.
    5. Click search for new plug n play device
    6. Updated the driver via windows update.
    We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. cdmdotnet Win User

No resolution yet. Doesn't make a difference if the adapter is plugged in before or after booting for me.
  6. cdmdotnet Win User

Thanks for you recommendation but it's not relevant to the issue here. I'm not using a controller with this adapter, I'm using wireless headphones, so updating a non-existent controller is of no use to me.
Thema:

1. Windows 11 22H2 and Xbox wireless adapter failing - Similar Threads - Windows 22H2 wireless

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  4. Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month

in XboX Insiders
    Windows Mode on Xbox Paying $1.99 per month: It would be a good option to be able to pay monthly on an Xbox to be able to use Windows and be able to install Steam or use the Xbox for productivity, paying $1.99 per month you can enter Windows...
  5. Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth on Windows 10: I am wondering if it is possible to get the Xbox One Chatpad to work wirelessly via Bluetooth. When I connect the controller it never works unless I plug it in. Not only that but when I try to...
  6. why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why won't a little to the left start on xbox windows?: I downloaded A Little to the Left on Xbox Windows but the game won't start. All I see is a grey screen and the little portrait of the cat in the bottom right corner. I thought it just needed to...
  7. Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store

in XBoX on Consoles
    Issues with downloading Xbox from Windows Store: New Microsoft laptop running windows 11 s mode. Came preinstalled with x box. Xbox app showed a game pass screen upon opening app. would not respond to tapping the button to sign in and claim....
  8. Xbox not opening on starting up Windows 10 22H2.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox not opening on starting up Windows 10 22H2.: Whenever I start Windows, Xbox does not start with the OS despite turning on the option to start up every time I start Windows. I tried these fixes, but they didn't help: 1. Repairing the...
  9. Red Dead Redemption 2 ISSUE with WINDOWS 11 22H2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption 2 ISSUE with WINDOWS 11 22H2: with the new 22 update windows 11 it still doesn't work omg I tried all sorts of 'hacks' or 'fixes' but it just doesn't do work. Please fix the issue Microsoft....
  10. Minecraft for window : not playable on this device - win 11 -22H2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for window : not playable on this device - win 11 -22H2: Installing Minecraft from Microsoft store and official Minecraft website (launcher for win10/11), Give Unable to Update The Minecraft Native Launcher installing Minecraft legacy launcher work...