Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only...

Discus and support Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only... in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Before we go down the route of identifying my hardware, software and permissions... I have 2 other friends on Windows 10 PC who experience the exact... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Ryan Kenna, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Ryan Kenna
    Ryan Kenna Guest

Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only...

Before we go down the route of identifying my hardware, software and permissions...

I have 2 other friends on Windows 10 PC who experience the exact same issues on vastly different PC configurations - So I would like the emphasise that it is very unlikely that it is isolated to just my configuration.

THE PROBLEM
    - I have no issues hosting a party, seeing a party or joining a party. I can hear everybody and everybody can hear me.
    - At any given time of me being in that party, I can disconnect. The only way I know I've disconnected, is because the party is silent. But on my end I'm still 'in' the party. Nobody shows as disconnected, and I have no errors anywhere. I then leave the quiet party, and re-join my friends, where they tell me that I left their party.
    Now, this can happen at any time. 5 seconds from joining a party, to hours from being in a party. It can also keep repeatedly happening. For example, I'll join, it'll go quiet. Turns out I've disconnected, re-join, same thing again up to 5-6 times once until I remained in the party with no issues.
    - My friends on PC who experience this have the exact same problem description. On my end, I just see them leave. I re-invite them and they tell me everything just went quiet. But like I mentioned, you can be in a party hours at a time and then it can happen. I don't understand and it's incredibly frustrating.

WHEN DID THE PROBLEM BEGIN?
    - I've been using the Game Bar now for the best part of a year. Eventually it surpassed the Xbox Companion in terms of functionality. I did not have this issue at all when I began using it. I would say that this has been a known issue among my friends now for 2-3 months. Lately, it seems worse than ever. For example. Just now I have had to re-join a party 6 times in a row in the space of about 5 minutes before I stopped 'disconnecting'.

TECHNICAL INFO (NOT THAT IT SHOULD HAVE A SIGNIFICANT IMPACT)
    Xbox Game Bar Version: 5.722.5052.0

Broadcast Plugin Version: 1.54.4001.0

KGL Version Loaded: 2164

KGL Service Version : 2164

KGL Last Check: 2022-07-13T14:34:14

OneSettings Last Check: 2022-07-13T14:34:14

KGL Location Encrypted: No

Windows Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

I have no known network or communications issues on this or any system in my household or network.
    My router is up to date on it's latest firmware/software.

If there is anything else you would like to know please leave a comment.

:)

Ryan Kenna, Jul 13, 2022
  2. Chase_Windu Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only Silence

this is the ONLY thing that works for me and i've been trying to let people know about it on the few reddit forums i can find about this topic. it still might take 2 or 3 times of rejoining to make it work but better than nothing. very very very annoying
  3. Ryan Kenna Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only Silence

I'm glad this post is getting some attention. Hopefully the more people who discover it will bring more attention to the problem. Fortunately Discord integration is coming to Xbox Live Parties in the coming weeks/months. Which will be so much better for everyone. But, this is still a problem none the less.
  4. TripleA 306 Win User

Windows 11, also have the same issue. I usually have to join the same party 3-5 times until it keeps me in for an hour or two. Terminating the xbox suite and services don't seem to fix the issue.
    Open Nat, teredo is qualified
  5. J.C. Tecklenburg Win User

this was happening to everyone in my party last week but tonight it's only happening to me. Teredo does nothing.

extremely frustrating because I want to play with my xbox friends
  6. EthanWhetstone Win User

Hello, I am having the same issue as the OP but only as of almost exactly 24 hours ago and then again today.

I don't think anything has changed on my end, but I am continuously dropped from the xbox live party through the game bar even though I don't know it until the chat goes silent and I get an invite to rejoin a party I am already in.

Hope this can get resolved soon :(
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar Party Chat Drops Out or "Disconnects" With No Error Message - Only... - Similar Threads - Windows Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10 a3f69b53-9062-45ee-8366-4f28d149c019
  3. Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar is not in the Microsoft store windows 10: I was having trouble opening the Game Bar with the shortcut Win+G and so I uninstalled it following this method: Press the Windows key + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin). Type...
  4. Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs)

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar not launching (with any keybinds, win + g or other customs): I have been using the Xbox Game Bar for some time now with the default command win + G. This has worked perfectly to launch the game bar in and out of games, but recently it has stopped working...
  5. My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic on the windows 11 xbox game bar is not working: My mic is not working on the windows 11 xbox game bar. bcc6a97b-a014-4c01-8f27-c1cf3bf27147
  6. Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar ignores settings for opening with guide button on Windows 11 Insider Preview...: On the most recent canary version of Windows 11, the Game Bar starts appearing when pressing the guide button on an Xinput controller, even when the options for bringing up the Game Bar with a...
  7. LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG function Problem on xbox game bar with minecraft for windows: Xbox game bar LFG Function dont Work with Minecraft For Windows Every time I click on "Im Interested" on a post it says the post is not available even if it got posted 1 minute ago and if I try...
  8. Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Restore automatic clip upload from Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 to Xbox Live: As a user that records clips when playing video games in Windows 11 using the Xbox Bar, I want my clips to be automatically uploaded to the Xbox Live network AS THEY USED TO, so that they are...
  9. My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My xbox game bar no longer opens with windows+g and I do not recieve invitations. How to fix?: I wasn't receiving invitations through xbox game bar so looked online to fix....
  10. Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Clip Audio Distorted & Choppy On Windows 11: My clip's video and audio of others in discord + ingame are fine. My microphone for some reason is the only one distorted in the clip. It is not distorted on discord or in the game and my friends...