Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached

Discus and support Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Every week or so I have to minus "-" 10-20 Suggested Friends under my Friends & Clubs tab of the app. All are "Hip Clip Creator" or something having... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by delmar93, Oct 7, 2019.

1. delmar93
    delmar93 Guest

Every week or so I have to minus "-" 10-20 Suggested Friends under my Friends & Clubs tab of the app.

All are "Hip Clip Creator" or something having to do with your new streaming service.

I don't want to see this anymore. There doesn't seem to be a way to hide/turn off suggested friends except clicking the minus sign on each and every one.

Is there a way to disable this "feature" i'm missing?

Plus i'm getting "Suggested for you" people in the activity feed.

Maybe i'm old and not "hip", but i don't want to see 10 teens posing in bikinis or dudes with blue hair every time I log on to see if Carl is playing sea of thieves... Screen Shot attached...

[Mod removed- personal information]

:)

delmar93, Oct 7, 2019
  2. delmar93 Win User

Thanks both of you for the response! Sorry I thought I was posting in some sort of official Microsoft forum, not that peer help isn't any more helpful than full tech support. Most solutions (very creative solutions) have been from non-employee help.

It's not really a complaint. I know MS is really pushing their social platform Mixer and with that you're going to get users who are selling their "image" rather than their talent, and i see that in my Suggested Friends tab. And good for MS for steaming,
    I hope someday they'll give youtube a run for their money since most of YT's creators are ready to jump ship.

If it were more "add this streamer as a friend because they had 3,000 viewers speed running dark souls" and not "I'm a teen in a bikini and I make clips" I wouldn't mind as much. Maybe the system is
    just showing top upward friend trend counts, like this person is a gaming god, or more likely it's because she's showing her knockers on the profile picture.

I know sex sells. But there are already platforms you can find that **** at. Here, you apparently can't turn it off
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi delmar93,

sorry to hear that you are not a ;-) "satisfied customer".

No, joke aside this is a help forum and unfortunately we (usually users as you are) can't help here. There was a website for proposals but it is offline. Why. Yes Why.

But I hope this answer will help you: "You're not alone" but this isn't a complaints Department but MS listens, and they work on it.

On my XBOX (pre alpha circle) last week i got a new feature to block Information I do not want. So Keep on playing,
    (creepy for me) in the future the AI maybe will fix this.
  4. Lolusc0 Win User

I never had this problem and I didn't find an option to disable this "feature" :/
  5. T FUNK 1984 Win User

Showing as Offline

Hi thanks for the advice. I've tried setting myself to offline, turning off my Xbox then going online using the Windows 10 app on my laptop but I'm still showing offline to friends. Is there a particular way/order I need to do it?
  6. SigmaTheDJ Win User

I keep getting popups for Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition X-box game- I blocked all Xbox popups but it still keeps coming up - How do I get rid of this from happening ?

I am using Windows 11. I followed your advice and just searched for suggestions, and was easily able to find and turn off. We will see if this works.
    OK, well there are a lot of settings related to suggestions, but unless you turn off the specific notifications I mentioned in my original post and showed in my screenshot, it will not stop the issue. I already had all suggestions turned off in settings and I was still getting the annoying notifications until I disabled them for "Suggested" in the list of apps that's allowed to send notifications.

EDIT - I just looked it up and in Windows 11 you need to go to Start - Settings - System - Notifications, then turn notifications off for "Suggested" in the list of apps that's allowed to send notifications.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 xbox app: turn off suggested friends. See attached - Similar Threads - Windows app turn

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11 (RE:): The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  4. i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i cant join a party on xbox app on windows?: i cant join partys on xbox app windows ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Gaming*** 7118ee9c-fc1f-4fb1-91e8-589b3356d64f
  5. Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it possible to play my Microsoft Windows 10 Xbox app PC through my Xbox one hdmi in and...: I am unable to broadcast my Microsoft Windows environment across my other Microsoft Windows devices. please help thanks 1c4b0da4-6be0-47ad-8a8a-0b11312a4df2
  6. Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why The Sign-in Window is closing in games and app in windows 11: The Sign-in Window or Pop-Up is automatically Close in games and app. When i Click Sign-in inside an app or Game It closes quickly So Even I cant Type Anything. I Tested So Many Apps And That Are...
  7. Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox cloud gaming and community tab not showing in Windows app.: For some reason Cloud Gaming doesn't show up in the xbox app. ***Moved from Windows / Windows 10 / Apps / Xbox on Windows*** 7a6b3c91-6652-4f0e-86a2-b8387f7b540f
  8. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  9. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on...
  10. Xbox app on Windows start downloading Destiny 2 when i turn on my PC.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on Windows start downloading Destiny 2 when i turn on my PC.: Hello, i uninstalled game Destiny 2 and when i turn on my PC it start downloading without my permission! It slow down my network and i always have to stop it! Its annoying. i have auto update off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cbox social stop showing suggested friends