Windows 10 - Trying to play any game in Xcloud Xbox App returns a black screen. Possibly...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Trying to play any game in Xcloud Xbox App returns a black screen. Possibly... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello. I've been trying for the last few days to play any game in xcloud through the xbox app in Windows 10, with no sucess. Everytime I do, it just... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Aguiazul2_, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Trying to play any game in Xcloud Xbox App returns a black screen. Possibly...

Hello. I've been trying for the last few days to play any game in xcloud through the xbox app in Windows 10, with no sucess. Everytime I do, it just returns a black screen, and doesn't even show the spacecraft loading animation. Odly enough, when i tested the xcloud in google chrome, it worked without a problem.

Searching around for what could be the cause of this issue, i stumbled upon two posts in reddit with a similar problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/comments/qbosqf/does_xcloud_on_xbox_app_require_certain_ports/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/comments/q3j8j6/xcloud_black_screen/

Both users u/PapagenoX and u/RedCanevaroli reported a problem that, because of the presence of a letter like "á" or "é" in the username folder (C:\users\(username)), xcloud wouldn't work, and would return a black screen.

I checked my main user folder in windows and yes, it has the same type of letter in it (mine is named "Águia", with the "Á" possibly being the problem.

With that in mind, i decided to test a workaround to see if it works and to see if maybe this was really the problem. Here's what i did:

1 - Created a second windows user profile with admin rights (a local user, without sign in with a microsoft account), and named the profile "admteste", without any "á", "é", you get it.

2 - Switched from my main account to this newly created one, and downloaded the xbox app in the new user.

3 - Logged in my xbox account and tried to play any game in xcloud through the xbox app.

And... it worked, without any issues really, I got to the see spacecraft loading animation and all. I tested Astroneer and Forza Horizon 5 and got no problem whatsoever.

So, maybe the "funny letters" are really the problem? I just posted here so maybe microsoft can take a look into it and fix it. What do you guys think?

One last thing, my main user account also has admin rights, so I don't think that's the problem. Also, I read that you can fix this by renaming the username folder, but that's not so simple and I'm really scared of changing it since you have to mess with the windows registry, and I'm not that expert with computers.

Sorry for any grammar errors, english is not my main language.

Here's two screenshots I took to demonstrate the problem when I try to use xcloud through the xbox app in my main user account (that has the "Á" in it):

https://imgur.com/a/g0SmB4q

submitted by /u/Aguiazul2_
    [link] [comments]

/u/Aguiazul2_, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Dumkvist Win User

Unable to use Xbox Cloud Gaming and Remote Play since sometimes in November/December

Hi Kathy!

Yes I think I signed up for Xbox Insider but don't remember if it was before or after Xcloud stopped working for me. I did not try Xbox Cloud Gaming before Nov 2021 as I initially tried a trial month to play AoE 4 on game pass.

I have tried making a new account and adding my Xbox to it, but the Xbox app goes black after "Enable screen", and making a local account on my PC and neither helped.

I currently don't have access to a second PC to test BUT I did run a Vitrual Machine with Windows 10 on my current PC and through it I was able to use Xcloud and Remote Play. Based on that I'm fairly certain it would work on a different PC on the same network. The problem seems to be specifically my PC and the Xbox app.

Thanks for trying to help me solve this!
  3. Pain130798 Win User

Is there a way that i can stream xbox 360 games from console to pc/laptop

the only way to do that if you play xbox 360 games on a xbox one and you use a pc with windows 10 and it has the xbox companion app, or even if you have a phone with xbox xcloud in it
  4. Moskus Win User

Setting the video output to 720p on the console, gives black screen when streaming to Windows (Android is fine)

Hi Josef, and thanks for getting back to me. :)

• The black screen happens on both Windows 10 and 11. I've tested 5 different computers, two with Win11 and three with Win10.
    • It happens on all resolutions I have tested, to 1080p up to whatever my Surface Laptop Studio has.
    • It happens on both the official Xbox app and the "Xbox Game Streaming (Test App)".
    I haven't tested changing the resolution on any monitors to 1280x720, but I can try. (However, it would be weird if that was the case). EDIT: This had no effect either, switching to 720p resolution on Windows still showed a black screen.

I can hear the menu sounds when I move the controller around, but I can't see any image.

Streaming from my Series X to my Android phone (Samsung S22 Ultra) works perfect.

xCloud works perfect on both Windows and Android.

EDIT: 720p resolution did not help.
  5. gibounep Win User

FORZA 7

When I launch the game, I can see logos "turn 10 studios", "Microsoft studios"... black screen (I think it's normal, to charge the game), and I return on the desk.

The game is launching in a window, I type Alt-enter to see it in full screen.

Sorry, but it's really starting to bother me. 20h to install it, I try to play since 1 month.
  6. RetroGalaxy56 Win User

black screen when opening games

May we know all of the mentioned games above does not have any issue (black screen) when played it on full screen on Windows 10?: no, i never had any problem in windows 10

May we know if you have tried to uninstall a game from Xbox and tried to play the game installed from Microsoft Store? Will it give you black screen when played full screen?: I haven't tried it yet

May we know if your graphics card driver is up-to-date?: it is updated

What are the troubleshooting you have done do far? : The only thing that I have tried so far is to uninstall the game or change the resolution, since I think that the resolution is the big problem, if I put it in a resolution like 1280x720 the game does not black screen if I play it in full screen, but if I put it in 1366x768 the screen goes black
Thema:

Windows 10 - Trying to play any game in Xcloud Xbox App returns a black screen. Possibly...

1. Windows 10 - Trying to play any game in Xcloud Xbox App returns a black screen. Possibly... - Similar Threads - Windows Trying play

2. how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i get my xbox app on window 11 to work i have tried evrything: pls help i am having issues launching the xbox app on pc and only leaves me on the updating screen with the logo on it 608bf44c-2b36-4960-9b0a-e8ac99046022
  3. Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Blank window when trying to log in minecraft account: Microsoft is trying to mess with me again. I was asked to log into my account when trying to open the launcher. When i click "Microsoft Login" two blank windows open, one with the xbox logo on it....
  4. when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    when trying to instal gaming services for xbox on my windows 10 pc it will nearly download...: please can anyone respond with help 35743a80-e07b-480d-bc1e-e87ccf82fd40
  5. Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Cannot Access The Specified Device, Path, or File" Error When You Try to Install,...: Ok so I was playing Fortnite and for a while I got off to take a break, 3hrs later I return (nothing has changed) and when I launch I get the issue in the title. I have tried literally everything...
  6. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  7. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  8. Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code when trying to open xbox app on windows: Does anyone know a way to get my issue to work? I have a Lenovo windows 11 gaming laptop and whenever i attempt to open the Xbox app to play my games, it always gives me an error code; I havent...
  9. I am trying to create a looking for group post on windows 11 but It won't world.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am trying to create a looking for group post on windows 11 but It won't world.: I am trying to create a looking for group post on windows 11 but It says There was a problem posting your looking for group, and when I try to join one, it says that it was deleted. I tried...
  10. Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Clean Install of WIndows 11, Now the XBOX app does not show my library. Tried all...: Clean Install of Windows 11, Now the XBOX PC app does not show my library. Tried all troubleshooting options. Mobile seems to show my library and history, just not the PC app. Signed out and back...