Windows 10 not recognizing Strike controller reel as input

Discus and support Windows 10 not recognizing Strike controller reel as input in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a PC running windows 10 and a USB fishing controller from the Xbox 360 game The Strike. When i connect the fishing rod, Windows recognizes it as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by lil cheeks, Jun 26, 2017.

1. lil cheeks
    lil cheeks Guest

I have a PC running windows 10 and a USB fishing controller from the Xbox 360 game The Strike. When i connect the fishing rod, Windows recognizes it as an xbox peripheral called "Strike Controller", but it doesn't recognize the analog reel portion. It's
    basically seeing it as an Xbox controller. I tried Xpadder as well as the windows 10 game controller configuration and neither recognize a reel as an input. Is there a way to get Windows to recognize the reel? If it sees the controller as "Strike Controller",
    i'd assume it 90% of the way there.

:)

lil cheeks, Jun 26, 2017
  2. count023
    count023 Guest
    Xbox app streaming not (any longer) supports two controllers ?

I have the same problem too, two Win 10 Pcs exhibit the same problems, hell even the Android Beta App does on my phone!

I have two 360 controllers rigged by 360 wireless receiver for windows, two bone controllers by USB cable.

The App will only recognize the first connected controller, usually "player 1" on the 360 controller pairs.

Steam detects everything fine, all the controllers appear using joy.cpl and their inputs are correct. All games on my PC play fine with the 4 controllers, the streaming app will only recognize one when a stream is established.

I've factory defaulted my Xbone, I've upgraded firmware, I've done pretty much everything shy of buying a brand new PC and installing Windows 10 to it (my 2nd windows Pc was brand new and never used streaming before this).

Beta version of the app has the same problem.

I thought it was related to the Windows 10 anniversary/creators update, but it obviously wasn't.

There appears to be a problem in the current version of the App where it is no longer recognizing multiple controllers on the PC, the Beta version has the same problem.

count023, Jun 26, 2017
  3. [APP XBOX] - [Compatibility] - [specific control for XBOX 360 and Windows] - [MADCATZ STICK SOUL CALIBUR]

I have Windows 10 and upgraded to the latest version of the APP and APP XBOX XBOX BETA. And I have a MADCATZ STICK SOUL control CALIBUR made by MadCatz exclusively for the XBOX 360 and works perfectly in Windows 10 and in any Windows Store game, except in
    the APP Xbox app, it does not recognize the control in any way, even though he was made for XBOX 360 and being recognized by Windows quietly.

Is there any solution for this my problem?

Darth Mordred, Jun 26, 2017
  4. count023 Win User

I have the same problem too, two Win 10 Pcs exhibit the same problems, hell even the Android Beta App does on my phone!

I have two 360 controllers rigged by 360 wireless receiver for windows, two bone controllers by USB cable.

The App will only recognize the first connected controller, usually "player 1" on the 360 controller pairs.

Steam detects everything fine, all the controllers appear using joy.cpl and their inputs are correct. All games on my PC play fine with the 4 controllers, the streaming app will only recognize one when a stream is established.

I've factory defaulted my Xbone, I've upgraded firmware, I've done pretty much everything shy of buying a brand new PC and installing Windows 10 to it (my 2nd windows Pc was brand new and never used streaming before this).

I thought it was related to the Windows 10 anniversary/creators update, but it obviously wasn't.

There appears to be a problem in the current version of the App where it is no longer recognizing multiple controllers on the PC, the Beta version has the same problem.
  5. s33r Win User

Xbox Elite Controller 2 will not connect VIA usb or Bluetooth to my pc

The original XBox Elite controller requires the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 so without that adapter it will not be recognized properly by Windows. The newer, Elite Series 2 can connect to a Windows 10 PC without the need of an adapter.
  6. AiGnIs Win User

Welcome to the party!

The issue is not the App but the Xbox itself. That behavior has been there since the last Xbox system update (May 21st), but it seems that no one in MS cares about it...

7. PalmettoBling Win User

Xbox One Controller - doesn't update via USB cable on Windows 10

This page has the detail on how to update your controller on Windows 10: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/how-to-update-xbox-one-controller-windows-10

You shouldn't need to click the connect button on the controller, just plugging it in via USB should be enough to recognize it by the computer and be able to update through the Accessories app.
  8. TinedPrince9938 Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller on Windows 10 not working

I definitely have a wired unit

windows 10 does not recognize it at all.

I tried installing the software that came with it - device not recognized

I tried uninstalling the software from the installation disc and just plugging it in as directed - - device not recognized

has anyone out there actually gotten the xbox 360 wired controller working on windows 10?

If there are updated drivers I cant find them anywhere
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not recognizing Strike controller reel as input - Similar Threads - Windows recognizing Strike

2. How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I connect a Xbox 1 (Wired) to Windows Vista?: I've tried many links, but they don't work, and the videos that I watched told me to install a driver to get it to work, If you have any working links please tell me!...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Split from this thread. Seems like I have a similar issue with a normal Series X controller but I'm not sure entirely : Recently an update caused the share button to stop working on Windows...
  5. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller recognized only as a normal controller via bluetooth: Out of the box I connected my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller via Bluetooth to my Windows 11 PC. It was detected as an elite controller. During gameplay I found that some button combinations would...
  6. [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Continued] Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller...: I am creating this question because my previous question was closed due to inactivity. Please read this linked post for context on this issue:...
  7. Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 10 recognizes but cannot read input from dualshock 2 game controller connected via USB: Context I have two dualshock 2 game controllers that I connect to my system using DS2/USB adapters. I have used one of these controllers for a while with no issues. Recently, the controller broke...
  8. Windows Mixed Reality not recognizing my USB-C V3.1 ports during system check | HP Reverb G2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows Mixed Reality not recognizing my USB-C V3.1 ports during system check | HP Reverb G2: I'm having an issue with WMR saying my PC doesn't have USB 3.0+ ports being used to support the headset. I plugging my device dongle into both a V3.1 and 3.2 USB-C port and WMR won't go past the...
  9. how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i disable windows recognizing xbox 360 controller as xbox 360 controller: actually the problem is i have a ps3 controller that i have been trying to connect but the controller keeps being recognized as xbox360 controller. i tried disabling device signature enforcement...
  10. Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 recognized only as a normal controller...: I've tried several troubleshooting steps found on Microsoft's forums but nothing helped. I'm using windows 11. All updates installed, even optional ones. Controller firmware is updated. I have 2...