Windows 10 not casting to new Xbox One

Discus and support Windows 10 not casting to new Xbox One in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few months ago my laptop stopped allowing me to "Play To" my xbox one. I put up with it since my wife's still worked for some reason but recently... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Derewolf, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Derewolf
    Derewolf Guest

A few months ago my laptop stopped allowing me to "Play To" my xbox one. I put up with it since my wife's still worked for some reason but recently I've upgraded to Windows 10 and the "Cast To" feature still isn't working. We just bought the new Elite console
    and now that's not showing up on hers (she had already upgraded to windows 10 so that's not the problem) so it's become an issue. It will still work with the old xbox one and her laptop but that's the only combination that works. All boxes and whatnot that
    have to do with streaming are turned on. When I try to add my console through "add devices", it doesn't show up. A solution to both or at least to just getting her laptop and the new console to work together would be great. Thank you for your help!

:)

Derewolf, Dec 25, 2015
  2. Mister Beep
    Mister Beep Guest
    Xbox "cast to device" from PC Windows 10 no longer works.

Hey everyone,

Just to clarify, are you posting in regards to playing files from your PC and streaming them to your Xbox One console over DLNA, or are you posting in regards to casting your Windows 10 display over to your Xbox One console via the Wireless Display app?

Casting from Windows 10 to Xbox One is a feature made available to our Xbox Insiders through the Wireless Display app, which has not been made available to everyone quite yet. If you're a member of the

Xbox Insider program
    , be sure to post in our Xbox Insider forums for further assistance with that specific feature.

Keep us posted!

Mister Beep, Dec 25, 2015
  3. j dizzie
    j dizzie Guest
    cast movie to xbox 360

casting movie to xbox 360 there is a continuous stuttering of movie play back. can any one drop some knowledge on me please.

using windows 10

with mp4 mkv and avi files

j dizzie, Dec 25, 2015
  4. Windows 10 not casting to new Xbox One

On the Xbox one that is having trouble with streaming (I suggest renaming each console to keep the names unique to the console) it is possible that there could be conflicts with multiple Xboxes with the same stream to name. Go to setting>console and go to
    the console name (usually is XBOXONE) and rename it. Restart the console and go to your computer with Windows 10 on it (I suggest leave the computer ON and running when you rename the console) and check under the network folder to see if the console shows
    up. Also go to settings>devices>connected devices>play devices to see if the console shows up there too. If not, add the device.

Another thing to check in the network folder is the media devices (you might have to go into Windows media player to set it up to stream) to see if it shows up there too. If it shows up in other devices, but not also in media devices (it needs to show up
    in both places), you need to factory reset the console (and repeat the above steps) while the computer is on and running. When you have multiple Xboxes on one network, the router becomes the roadblock and often conflicts with the console main web address,
    which when both boxes are connected the router can't tell which one is which, except when the console name is different.

GrinningBread92, Dec 25, 2015
  5. alexward1230 Win User

Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

I am not ready to upgrade to windows 11. Cast has always worked on windows 10 and now after an update to the Xbox Console (to replace groove music with Windows Media Player) cast no longer works. Note, this isn't isolated to my windows 10 devices. No UPnP devices (Android, IOS, etc) are able to cast to the Xbox One console.
  6. GrinningBread92 Win User

On the Xbox one that is having trouble with streaming (I suggest renaming each console to keep the names unique to the console) it is possible that there could be conflicts with multiple Xboxes with the same stream to name. Go to setting>console and go to
    the console name (usually is XBOXONE) and rename it. Restart the console and go to your computer with Windows 10 on it (I suggest leave the computer ON and running when you rename the console) and check under the network folder to see if the console shows
    up. Also go to settings>devices>connected devices>play devices to see if the console shows up there too. If not, add the device.

Another thing to check in the network folder is the media devices (you might have to go into Windows media player to set it up to stream) to see if it shows up there too. If it shows up in other devices, but not also in media devices (it needs to show up
    in both places), you need to factory reset the console (and repeat the above steps) while the computer is on and running. When you have multiple Xboxes on one network, the router becomes the roadblock and often conflicts with the console main web address,
    which when both boxes are connected the router can't tell which one is which, except when the console name is different.
  7. smilin12 Win User

Windows 10 cast to Xbox One has broken performance

Solution found: Do not open the video on Windows 10 and then cast to the xbox one. Instead enable DLNA on Windows 10, then right click and case the file directly from file explorer. Works almost flawlessly.
  8. h89kat+ Win User

Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

Ok, but isn't my laptop using miracast services to cast to other devices? It should be possible to do it between my laptop and console, and there are various examples demonstrating this (although from what I've found it's casting windows 10 to an xbox one)

On the Microsoft Store for the Wireless Display App, it says "Microsoft's Wireless Display app lets you wirelessly project your Windows or Android based devices to your Xbox One".
  9. Tryggr Win User

Xbox "cast to device" from PC Windows 10 no longer works.

I also haven't been able to Cast to my Xbox One or Xbox One S from any of my Windows 10 devices once they got the Creators update. This is extremely frustrating as it's a feature I use daily.
Thema:

1. Windows 10 not casting to new Xbox One - Similar Threads - Windows casting

2. My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    My keyboard doesn't work on minecraft bedrock on windows 10: It doesn't search on xbox and search bar either 385e9ce1-294e-4976-bfe9-6256c1cc3c49
  3. I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…

in XBoX on Windows
    I Want To Use My External HDD On My Xbox One With My Windows PC However…: I am thinking of using my External HDD that is currently formatted for my Xbox One with my Windows PC. I know the steps of going on disk management and creating a new volume but I was also...
  4. Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows Game Bar Clip Quality worsened: Hi all, I enjoy gaming in my spare time and saving funny moments I have with mates using the game bar's shortcut to save the last 30 seconds. I've been doing it for years and usually compile a...
  5. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  6. error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc

in XBoX on Windows
    error code 0x80070005 when installing minecraft windows/bedrock version in pc: hello. I'm having trouble installing the Minecraft Windows/Bedrock version in pc from microsoft store . When I install it, the error code 0x80070005 always appears. Is there a way to get rid of...
  7. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  8. Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot use the cast function to stream to my Xbox Series X in WIndows 11: I have been attempting to stream content from my windows 11 equipped desktop computer to my Xbox Series X, however the cast function does not detect the console. I have reviewed this thread...
  9. Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to cast from Windows 11 PC to Xbox via wireless display: Whenever I attempt to start casting, my monitor goes black and Wireless Display starts spinning as if it's connecting, finally nothing will happen. I've tried putting both on 2.4Ghz band and...
  10. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...